The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I am looking into the possability of some sort of auto immune disease for my symptoms, I have been thinking about past symptoms as well as present ones. (It's a bit scary how many problems I've had/have :eek: :lol:)
Anyway I've just remembered another one and wondered if anyone can shine any light on it. I have spoken to other peeps of it, including medical peeps, but I get blank looks because no one I have spoken to has ever heard of it.
Have you?

I call them brain storms. Basically it is like having your life flash before your eyes but can go on for hours. Irrelivant combinations of images, noises and thoughts keep flashing in my head, constant and exhausting. This started in my late teens and occured on and off until I was put on the pill to control my periods in my mid twenties. Not sure if that was coincidence though.
I've never had an explaination for it. Anyone here know what it was all about?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
sorry, don't think I am going to be able to help you - with lupus, although it can cause symptoms affecting the brain, lupus is a systemic disease so at the same time people are having symptoms throughout other areas of their body.

So I think if you are just having these symptoms on their own, it doesn't sound much like lupus to me.

hope you find a solution to what is happening, it sounds most unpleasant.

regards

raglet

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Just a thought, have you been tested for APS, (sticky blood)?
As Raglet says what you are going through sounds most unpleasant.
x Lola

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't think this sounded like lupus, but thought I would ask just in case anyone had heard of it. It would seem not, though that doesn't suprise me, as I've never heard of anyone else experiencing it! I must say that I haven't had the brain storms for several years now. Thankfully they stopped when I started taking the pill.
I had some bloods taken last week but they came back normal. I have no idea if 'sticky blood' was one of them. I'm pretty useless with knowing what tests are being done or what they are for :blush:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts