The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 18 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
GP once a year unless sick at other times. Rheumy every three months or sooner if needed. Cardiologist once a year (lupus attacked my heart). Opthomalogist twice a year. Dermatologist once a year unless something comes up. Gastroenterologist once a year. Nuerosurgeon as needed which is usually 1-3 times per year. Nuero-otologist every three years (for permanent brain damage suffered during surgery). Endocrinologist every 6-8 weeks to monitor thyroid. Psychiatrist every 3 months for depression. Neurologist as needed.

Wow. I would say my primary care doctor is my rheumatologist, but all my doctors communicate and both my internist (GP) and rheumy have complete records on me and when I see a specialist, they send reports to both of these doctors. It would be nice if there were only one or two!

Hope this helps, Pollyanna
1 - 1 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.