The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Jo

I am rather confused why you are seeing rheumy for first time when you have already been diagnosed and also I am not sure what a ROA clinic is
If it's the first visit it would be a good idea to take along a list of symptoms with the worst first, a health history leaving nothing out, a note of tests already done and results unless he already has them and a brief note of close blood relatives chronic health problems. I see you are keeping a pain journal so you'll need to do a summary of that.
Sorry if that's not the sort of answer you are hoping for ! :)

Clare

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appointment

Thanks Clare, my own doctor has diagnosed me with S.L.E from blood tests he has done, he said my ERS was through the roof and something else was significantlly raised, i alresdy had fibromyalgi diagnosed about 5 years ago. i think the ROA clinic is rhuemetology and osteo arthritis!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Jo, Have you noticed any sun sensitivity? Mouth or nose ulcers?
Hair loss? Have a good think and keep a notebook by you. The Doc will want to know previous history also health of close family members.
Best Wishes,
Lola

PS Just a note of caution, not all Rheumatologists are Lupus experts.
x Lola

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Jo, welcome, when you write down your list of symptoms, make a copy of the list. You can keep it in your lap while you are talking, and then after the appt is done, hand him one of the copies, and tell him that it is for him to put into your file. Then, when he reviews your records, he will not miss anything. I wish you good luck with the appt. Let us know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts