The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again
just wondering, i was referred to a rheaumatoloigist about 6 weeks ago by my doctor ,have not heard anything about a appointment yet ,so when i went to see my nurse last week at my gps i asked her wether my dr had sent it off she looked up and said yes a letter had gone off but it could take a long time before i got a appointment and then when my appointment came through it could be possible that the apointment could be in a couple of months time
Is this normal to wait this long?and how long have others had to wait to get there first apointment?
Thankyou
snoozles

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi

yes it can be :eek: but knowing what I know now. I would phone hospital to find out where you r on waiting list. Ask to be put on the cancelation list. Also I would phone every week to check. Pester your GP also. So as you are not forgot.
For me it started with a rash so by time I went to see skin doctor the rash had gone but he realised how bad I was and managed to get the rheumy to come in and see me, so I didnt have to be on another waiting list :eek:

all the best

dixy

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Snoozles, theydont all rush, and really there is not just us i supose, lots of ppl going back and to, but yes it doesnt harm to ring thwe hospital up and ask where you are on the list,

Wehn i first went to the dr's was a summer time,if i remember right going back, it was a christmas time when i first saw her, but was worth the wait.

good luck for when you do go Lin xxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.