The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have just been told i may have lupus,waiting to see rehumatologist, son aged 9 diabetic type 1 , mother Thyroid out. Have been treated for Chronic stress disorder for 2 years, Fibromyalgia but just keep getting worse. Thought it was all in my head, blood results show anti nuclear factor. Freezing most of the time but have lots of hot sweats, joint pain severe, tired and worn out with the pain. have had 2 blood clots in legs and 1 in lung after surgery. have had dry eyes for 20 years. full term stillborn and prem twins at 31 weeks both died. have always had back ache or some sort of pain but now it stops me from gardening etc, cannot open jars or bottles never have any physical strength.feel washed out and frustrated . Is this typical or am i just a moaning minnie?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Bubblies and welcome :welcome:

I have moved your post off the other thread to make one of your own.

I certainly don't think you are a moaning Minnie! You have a lot to deal with and hopefully your upcoming appt with the Rheumatologist will start off thorough testing which will give you some answers and treatment.

Many of the things you mention could very well be Lupus related. If you haven't already, take a look at the criteria used to help diagnose Lupus (pinned at the top of the Not Diagnosed Forum) and see if you can identify with any of those. Some of them seem insignificant but your Rheumy needs to know if you have suffered, or still suffer,from them. Even if they aren't present now, they are still significant. With lupus symptoms form a large part of the diagnosis and help to put the pieces of the puzzle together. So go armed with information.

Good luck and hang in there, it's very difficult pre-diagnosis. We often think that we have so much going on that it couldn't possibly be the one disease process causing it..............but Lupus is reknowned for that and also for symptoms coming and going. If you get any rashes then make sure you take pics for your doctor to see just in case it disappears the day of the appointment :rolleyes:

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:)Hi Bubblies, and a very warm welcome to this great board. Every one of us here, are here to try to help always give support, and hopefully have some answers for you. We all here support everyone else that is here. You need your GP to give you a referral to see that Rheumy, get in as quick as you can. Begin your list of your symptoms, wether you think that they matter or not. Anyone in your family have anything that needs a Rheumy? Always make a copy
of your lists. Hand one to the dr. and tell him that it is for him to put into your file, and you bring the other home and
keep it out where you can see it and add to it as needed.
Lupus is diagnosed by bloods, symptoms, what you say to the dr. and all the things that the dr. observes while you are in your appt with him. I wish you the best, any more questions, just keep posting. Be well.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
What you say sounds pretty typical of how I was. Things do improve with treatment. Don't despair.
Really sorry to hear of your lost babies.
x Lola

1 - 4 of 4 Posts