The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a blood test an hour and a half ago, and I came home for some lunch, took the cotton wool off. Started to feel really itchy around the area where I'd had bloods taken and I've just looked down to see I've broken out in really itchy hives where the test was done. Flaming stupid hives! I hate them!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Ugh this brings back memories, did they use iodine before they stuck you? Or are you allergic to the adhesive on bandaids?

love
Lily

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just been back and it was the same nurse who did my other tests. She thinks it might be the adhesive too. Never happened to me before! There's another thing to avoid. They've gone down a bit now.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I had that happen too and actually broke out in small little bleeding areas too (pinprick size). That freaked them out when they saw it and they sent me off for allergy testing to make sure it wasn't latex allergy. It wasn't, so they determined it was adhesive allergy possibly made worse by the alcohol swipe before applying the cheap band-aid ;) All you need to do is hold the piece of cotton there with decent pressure for about 1 minute and you can avoid any wrapping on the jab site.

Hope it feels better soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts