The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time now I have been getting spasms in my arms, they are really painful, I am also getting vision problems, I mentioned this at the lupus clinic and the person I saw ( on rotation and not happy with placement ) told me it was down to diabeties, but the diabetic clinic said it was down to APS, the diabetic clinic did eye scan and all ok, I do have nerve problems in my legs due to diabeties they are sharp stabbing pains mostly in my toes, the spasms in my arms are totally different, when I suggested the reason for blaming diabeties was down to politics and finance, it was denied but I am now getting a nerve test done on my arms.

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Mandie i am alos having problems with my eye's i had it before.Mine is double vision i have eye's test at the hospital.It went away for a while when they put a prisim in my glasses.But it is back with a vengence i can only stay on the laptop for a short time if i stay longer in chat then i have to close one eye so that i can see the screen.We were in the car last week and the bus stopped next to us and i had to close one eye to see what it said on the side of it.Hubby came back to the car he said what are you doing :wink2:to the people on the bus.Told him later when we came home what it was.Come into chat some time Elisabeth

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Anti spasmodic drugs, are you on any? If not shout at the doctor to put you on something to help. No need to suffer.

As far as the visual issues...............well that is one on my worst and most bothersome issues.

I hope you improve soon.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Administrator
10,212 Posts
Hi Mandie,

Are you getting enough calcium and vitamin D? When I start cramping it helps to up the dosage a bit to calm things down. Massage, stretching and applying heat help also. When all else fails there are medications that can help.

You need an opthalmologist to check out your eyes. They are trained in the diseases of the eye.

Good luck with your nerve conduction study. Let us know how it goes.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Mandie,
I think you might be right and keep on the course of making someone listen to you. It does sound more like nerves, but again I am no doctor. I get the cramps and knots from nowhere and know that it is painful and scary all at the same time. My rhuemy put me on muscle relaxers as he could find no real medical reason for this to be happening. Sometimes the lupus does strange things that no one not even us can explain.

I do hope that you find something that works most of the time for you and that you feel better soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.