TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Sorry I nave not been on in a while been busy with work and taking care of my now 4 month old little boy. I have been having a lot of problems with pain in my neck and my Rheme decided to do some X-Rays and when I went back for a check up the results where that I have severe Arthritis that is not common for someone in their 20's and there is nothing to stop the progression except surgery which he doesn't recommend. Does anyone else have arthritis in their neck and what do you do to help ease the pain? He put me on Mobic which does not seem to help the pain at all and his upsetting my stoamach big time.

Jen

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have been having a sore & stiff neck too but I've not looked into it yet with my doctors - mostly because it comes and goes. Have you had any neck injuries in the past or been in any car accidents with whiplash? That's the only thing I can think of that might have contributed to your arthritis in the neck - past injuries do tend to become favorite sites for arthritis to set in...

Try to give the NSAID 2-3 weeks but if it doesn't help by then I would call the rheumy back and ask to try a different medication. If the side effects on your tummy are too severe then call before that... many will take stomach protecting medication with their NSAIDs in particular.

I bet you were very surprised to hear you had this too. Is physical therapy or massage therapy an option at all? I hope you can find something to help...

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Congratulations on the birth of your son Jen. I have often wondered how your pregnancy went.

Sorry to hear about your neck. Does applying heat or cold packs help reduce the pain at all? I agree with Maia, if you don't get any relief in a few weeks let your doctor know.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Jen,

If your stomach is getting that upset maybe you should call your doctor. I take a stomach protector to help that.

I had one nsaid that gave me such a stomach ache. ((Jen))

It does take a few weeks for the med to kick in.

Give your little one a hug.
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Jen,

Don't believe we have ever met. Congratulations on your baby boy. They are so cute when they are little, so innocent.

I am sorry your having such a tough time. Sometimes a yogurt snack before bed and then the meds works better for the belly. If this is not a option then let your doctor know about the belly issues.

There are plenty of other drugs you could take that may just work better for you.

I know your busy with a baby but if you ever have free time join us in the chat room. I am the Queen of Chatting.:wink2::lol:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Jen

I am so sorry to hear you have arthrits in your neck(((((hugs)))))).I do also have osteo arthritis.Mine never mentioned having surgery on it but i dont think it was as bad as your is jen and i am also 48 not 20 something.I use this thing called tens unit for mine, and it works wonderful.I sure hope he finds something for you and soon.i sure hope hubby is helping you out some.Please let us know how you are doing please and my thoughts are with you also((((hugs))))Please pm me if you can and if you need someone to chat with i am here for you.

Tammy

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Jen,
Have you tried something like icy hot on the neck at night when you sleep. I have ra with the sle. I too am on mobic and it does not help with pain I have a pain pill for that. Yes it does hurt I will support you with that part. I do love you dog what a beautiful pet. I had to tell you that. I have all kinds of joint pain not limited to the neck area. My pain is mostly in knees and arms. I hope you find something take works soon for you.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called my rhume due to the Mobic and he gave me Arthoteic can't spell which is suppose to have a stomach protector in it but I was at the dr. with severe stomach cramping and you know the rest. It was so bad that i lost 3 lbs in less then a day. I have found my stomach can't handle the NSAID 's and the only other option was naproxen which they don't like to give for long term uses so I decided to take the tramadol and use the bio-freeze that I purchased online that helps some. The docs don't no what caused the arthrits in my neck and I think I am getting or have it in my hip bc it is starting to catch especially when I laydown. I guess I will have to find ways to manage the pain in my neck . Thanks to everyone that replied to my post , very helpful feedback.

Jen

·
jmaca
203 Posts
Hi Jen, I don't have any advice to offer, but some hope. I was also diagnosed in my 20's with severe arthritis in my neck. I'm now 55 and my neck hasn't fallen off or anything. :lol: I've been on Naproxen for many years.

Like others, I also have arthritis in various other parts of my body. The next worst place are my hips. I think I've probably had hip arthritis since I was a young teen because that's when it started hurting.

For me anyhow, the arthritis pain waxes and wanes. Just when I think it'll never improve, it does. That's been a pattern that's gone on so long that I now know I just have to remind myself that too will start to improve.

I've always been told that exercises are the most important thing I can do to keep myself from becoming a stiff (haha, good pun, couldn't resist:p) person from all the arthritis.

Anyhow, one never knows with lupus just what kind of course it'll run, but I hope that yours is similar to mine in that it's been nowhere as bad as I thought it would be back when I was your age with all that arthritis and imagining a life of immobility.

Enjoy that baby of yours! What a lovely time of life!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts