TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off to Ascot ladies day this year, I last went 2 years ago before I got diagnosed with Lupus.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can wear to look good but to protect myself? Are bare legs completely out of the picture now (even with really high factor suncream?) What hat can I wear?! Help needed please ladies!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hahaha Becks, I had to laugh, you have found the only place on earth where hats are desirable!!!

I'm afraid I don't have any sugestions. I'd say you'd be fine in any type of skirt so unless your going to actually sit on grass and "sun" yourself. Afterall our legs rarely get the sun if e're standing up. still, there are plenty of nice longer skirts.

enjoy yourself,
Katharine

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Katharine, I did see a hat in Hennes at lunch time that actually almost suited me (I'm not one who can carry off a hat!) but it looks better than the ones I have at the moment. Not sure it's what Ascot intended but maybe I could stick feathers on it to decorate it!

I certainly won't be sunning myself! It's horrible at the moment when everyone wants to go outside - I just can't face explaining why I don't want to join them!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I have never been to Ascot myself but as an ex racing stable "lad", I can say that al styles seem to go at Ascot - from the very extravagent to the simple and chic! The best is to wear a style that you feel good in so that you carry yourself well and that is the one occasion where you would feel out of place without a hat :)

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Becks,

Did you have a good time at Ladies Day!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I hope you had a lovely time. I was watching it on the TV, I love to see the dressess and hats.

On the radio they were interviewing Louis Mariette who is a famous hat designer/milliner who had designed many hats for this years Royal Ascot. He is also patron of St. Thomas Lupus Trust and has designed some jewellery and hats especially for the trust.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi ladies,

Yes it was a fabulous day, I can thoroughly recommend going. Oh my were there some outfits there! ;) I just went for a dress and pashmina to keep me covered, kept in the shade and bought a fascinator. If you get the chance to go then do!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Good for you becks!

Yes i was hoping to see pictures too!!

Cassie :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pictures?! :eek: I'll see what I can do over the weekend, but I think I may have lost the lead to the camera :sad:

I could always post pictures of me from last night's work party!!!! :blush:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
:) It would be nice to see a picture of you at Ascot in your hat and outfit!

Are you sure about the office party ones :eek: are they scarey - I'm not sure I would ever want photos of my office parties of the past viewed by a worldwide site :eek: let alone anyone new that I met now!

Have a nice weekend!

Lesley

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will definitely try and upload pictures at the weekend.

I organised last night's party so was letting my hair down after it became clear it was a success! ;) I was joking about sharing those it was bad enough showing them to my colleagues! :blush: I don't think mine's the worst tho! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts