TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help, I have SLE and for the last few months my asthma has been getting worse. I am on 3 inhalers and 2 fexofenadine and yet I am still wheezing and coughing. I also have a pain in my back up at my shoulder blade. Any suggestions?

Love Mx

·
Registered
467 Posts
hi silver star

i'm just guessing here but since asthma has inflammation factors and lupus has inflammation factors i would think that it seems or is worse that lupus is causing it to worsen. i'm not a doctor so don't take this to the bank. i would contact my doctor and see if there is anything more they can do or change your meds.

sorry i don't have any words of wisdom here.
i hope you feel better and start breathing easier soon

hugs and kisses

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi spellbinder,

Wow, thanxs for the quick reply!

I have spoke to doc and they sent me for xray (though the results have gone missing somehwere) and have given me 3 lots of steroids in last 4 months. I kind of feel they think I am imagining it. :rolleyes:

Hope you are doing well.

Love Mx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Silver star, are you familiar with Costochondritis. it often occurs in Lupus patients and may account for the pain.

Asthma control can be pretty difficult. I don't know where you live but certainly here there is a lot of tree pollen at the moment which can be quite bad for Asthma. If so,let's hope it passes. I am sure you are in the know about Dust Mite protection etc.

Feel well soon,
x Lola

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi LolaLola,

Bonny Scotland for me. And no i have never heard of Costochondritis! I had a quick look but I thinl it was pain in fron of your chest, mine is in my back at shoulder blades. I could be reading it wrong though. I do have allergies, something chronic, but they usuakky make me sneeze more than wheeze. Seeing rheumy doc on 25th, so will ask him what he thinks. Thanks again for your comments.

Hope your well.

Love Mx

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Silver Star,
I would have to say the lupus and the asthma are fighting each other. If the asthma is flaring it is causing the lupus to flare also and the other way around. The idea is to get both as much under control as possible.

Have you spoken with your doctor for the asthma to see if he would work with the other doctor so they can get both under control together. If there is a link with the two both will need to be treated at the same time.

I wish you the best with getting things under control and hope you feel better soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts