TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Just Wondered If Any Of You Have Tried The Herb Astragalus And Whether It Works Or Not. The Other Thing I Wondered Is If You Can Take It Along Side Plaquenil. I Was Diagnosed In Jan This Year And I Am Starting To Feel The Effects Of The Fatigue And The Aching. If Anyone Has Any Other Suggestions I Be Glad To Hear Them. Thanks:)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Julie,

I think the safest option would be to ask your treating physician about this and any possible reactions with you having SLE and also with the Plaquenil. There is a warning on drug digest not to take it if you are on Immunosuppressants, strictly speaking Plaquenil is not an immunosuppressant so that part is ok. However they also warn to seek medical advice if you have any autoimmune disease, so that in itself is cause for concern and consultation with your doctor. I presume you meant astragalus membranaceous not astragalus gummifera (used for stomach complaints) ?

I sympathise with the fatigue and aching, it seems this is always a problem for us. How much Plaquenil are you on? Don't forget it may take longer than the 3 months you have been on it to reach full effect. Up to 9 months in fact for some :( Frequent rest and not overdoing it when you do feel good seem to help with the fatigue and aching, at least to keep it in check.

love
Lily

1 - 2 of 2 Posts