The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have truncal ataxia plus an ataxic gait. So I have been reading up about it, and found this link. Scroll down to the bottom and you will find lots of short articles about the various ataxia's (but of course, not truncal ataxia, there is never much about that). I have lesions on my cerebellum which cause ataxia, but I also have sensory ataxia so I am a bit of a mix.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/walking_symptoms/book-causes-8a.htm

happy reading

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Raglet,

Thanks for the post. My neuro never gave a specific name for the type I have. When reading the descriptions at the end it sounds like I have all but truncal ataxia if that is possible. My falling tends to be more from weakness as it is exercise induced.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a bit like that too, if I read all the articles then I start dx every type under the sun, but fortunately my neuro has been a bit more specific than yours. I guess they go to med school for something hahaha.

Maybe next time ask your neuro what type you have ? Researching it then becomes a lot more possible I find.

cheers

Raglet

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Raglet

I probably have it too! :hehe: Isn't it just so much fun having all these strange things with our lupus? I hate telling my doctors what I experience half the time because of so much going on. Sometimes I feel like they think I am crazy. This past week I have had the jumpy eye lid that won't stop spazzing. Drives me nuts for I feel like my eye ball is moving around with out me making effort! Thanks for sharing the article!

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Oh !!!Raglet, I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you got two
more big boo-boo's to add to your extra long list. I just wish it isn't
so. Don't forget, chochlate cures most all things. I send you
((((((hugs)))))). do take care of yourself, after all, you are one of the
ringleaders of the nutty-lupies club. bless you and be well and safe.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Raglet, hi there, I am making a copy of the article so when I sit still
long enough, I can read it. Hon, I am so sorry that you have to hurt like this.
So, all I can say is that along with the "Dove" dark choc, I am sending you
(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts