The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
4,446 Posts
Hello and welcome to the board... I was diagnosed with MCTD (Mixed Connective Tissue Disease) last Nov, after five months of agony and much the same symptoms as you.. it does sound as if your Rheumy is on the ball as Katharine said.. I think its a brilliant idea to start you on pred to calm things and also plaquinel as a long term strategy to reduce you disease activity, but as she said it can take a long time to kick in and sometimes up to a year..so it is a bit of a long slog but at least you have now started the journey!! It doesn't need to be ANA positive to have something auto immune going on and as Katharine pointed out a small number will always be ANA neg but still have Lupus. There is a list of criteria on this site and you need to have 4 out of 11 with or without bloodwork to be diagnosed. I wish you all the best with your tests and investigations and hope you get some relief soon.. in the meantime, start a daily symptom diary and grade the pain 0-10 (10 being unbearable) and take photos of rashes, swollen joints etc so you have good documented evidence for the Rheumy to see... we often look fab on appointment day:lol:..... until the next time, take care.
Claire XX

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.