The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
am new here and just trying to find out some info. for so long now i have experienced chronic joint aches and pains and muslce pain and fatigue. (numbness, pins and needles) i was doagnosed with endometriosis in 07 and had a double bowel re section, appendectomy, and endo excised from tubes overies and bladder. i thought the aches and fatigue were directly related to the endo but recently its been getting so much worse.

my wrists, hands, knees and feet are constantly aching. i went to a Gp who did full bloods and xrays. no degenerative signs from x rays negative rheumatoid factor in bloods but ANA was 640.

am going to a rheumotologist to discuss further but wondering if these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
Hello, you sound like you have been through so much! i would like to send you hugs (((((((((Ydi)))))))))). the symptoms you have listed sound familiar but i have only a dx of probable lupus. Others here will be able to help you i am sure as they are great! keep your chin up as high as you can! i'm sure you will get answers soon as a rhumy is the right people to see for this! best of luck!

netty from devon ukxxxxxx

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The symptoms definitely sound familiar - and many here also have endometriosis. Some physicians believe endometriosis is also a sort of autoimmune disease these days too.

I'm glad you have been referred to a rheumatologist, that doctor will likely take more blood, run a urine test, and do a very thorough history and physical exam. You may want to have a look at the symptoms list on the main website and the criteria/alternative criteria and see which ones apply to you. For instance, when I was diagnosed I had no idea that a sun sensitive skin rash I'd get on my arms was a sign of lupus. It wasn't severe and generally only happened the first few times I was exposed to the sun after a long winter so I dismissed it as something possibly important when I got really sick a few years later (in the middle of winter!).

Welcome to the site & please ask any other questions you may have. I hope you have a great first appointment and get on some treatment to get you feeling better soon. Take care & let us know how things go for you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ydi;506687 said:
Hi
am new here and just trying to find out some info. for so long now i have experienced chronic joint aches and pains and muslce pain and fatigue. (numbness, pins and needles) i was doagnosed with endometriosis in 07 and had a double bowel re section, appendectomy, and endo excised from tubes overies and bladder. i thought the aches and fatigue were directly related to the endo but recently its been getting so much worse.

my wrists, hands, knees and feet are constantly aching. i went to a Gp who did full bloods and xrays. no degenerative signs from x rays negative rheumatoid factor in bloods but ANA was 640.

am going to a rheumotologist to discuss further but wondering if these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?
Hi I am also new and awaiting diagnosis. They say I am borderline but I have the same symptoms as yourself with my hands, joints. Also over the last few months feel the cold more and get much more pins and needles than usual. I am at the Rhemo clinic at St George's hospital and they have prescribed only diclofenac SR for the pain. I seem to have so many different symptoms going on at the same as feeling whacked all the time. I have been feeling like this since Aug 07 and have been diagnosed with first degree heart block. Nothing really makes sense but I am trying and reading as much as I can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts