The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some lupus awareness bracelets. I have searched the lupus store and to no avail. I did find a site where I can have my own custom made but unless you order tons they can be pricey. I am wanting to educate those around me and make it less of a mystery to the public.
Thanks
Nancy

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hi Tracy :)

There is no problem with linking to official or national lupus awareness & support organisations which sell lupus related items or organise fund raising events, nor to certain other organisations that might have lupus awareness and fund raising events or activities such as the Dorough Foundation cruises, subject always to Administration and Moderators approval.

The going price seems to be $1 for ten, usually p&p is extra.

While on this sort of topic there is no problem with mentioning the name of a substance that you find helpful, as opposed to a product or brand name when there is a wide range of products containing that substance.

One example that comes to mind is fish oil. If you know of things to look out for when buying a fish oil, special properties or considerations, those can of course be mentioned in a general way so that readers are informed about their choices. For fish oil, a major consideration might be a guarantee that they are lead & toxin free. For a sun block lip salve you might mention looking for a sort that is screw down, has a ring on the case and a cord for hanging it around the neck designed for skiers. (If anybody knows where to get one like this please let me know they are so practical!)

There is a general exception for certain other lupus health related items such as toiletries - shampoos, soaps, a variety of skin care products, make up, bedding, gadgets, devices and equipment to make life easier. In fact the lip salve mentioned above might fall into this category because it was unique.
The moderators consider each case on its merits if there's any doubt.

Cheers

Clare.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have made a donation and bought the purple band bracelets, from I believe this site at least I thought it was it was yrs ago I never take mine off.
BUT... I have bought lots of lupus stuff from ebay!! I have bought a lupus purple ribbon for my antenna, I have bought cure lupus purple ribbon car magnet, I have bought lupus/fibro bracelets and more recently I have bought purple butterfly rings. I just got one the other day that is vintage and it has a purple stone in the middle for the butterflys body.
Just go to ebay.com and search for lupus, or butterfly rings, or car magnets they also have the bracelets, and I beleive that the car magnet sent some proceeds to a lupus fondation!!
Happy Searching!!:lens:

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
:rotfl:

Thank you Tracy for that noble effort. I'll check it out on line to see if it's available in UK I hadn't thought of doing that. What an amazing array of products were available on some of those sites and the links. Hopefully I will never need to construct my own weaponry !

Many hugs
Clare

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nancy,

You can also type lupus bracelets on your internet such as in google and find a lot of sites to choose from. I hope this helps some. There are some sites that make crystal ones with different symbols on them and of course they are a bit pricy. Some of the sites do make them in bulk and are not expensive and you can give them to your friends and family to wear to support Lupus Awareness. I haven't bought any online bc my wrist is so small I have to try all my bracelets on before getting them.

JEN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts