The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
I bent over and had the usual electric shock going down my back and figured my back went out again. It happens every now and then. This time it didn't take the usual course. It stays pretty sore and now my legs are both tingling and on fire. Weak as well. Big toe on left foot noticeably numb and legs are always buzzing a bit. I am also on Plaquenil. What's up? Any ideas?

Cindy:)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hello Cindy!

I had similiar symptoms when I ruptured a disc in my lumbar spine about a month ago. I am still dealing with leg and foot numbness. They tell me it is pretty common injury for someone "my age" ( a mere 44 .. grr growl mimmish mutter).

The pain was incredible in the beginning for me, but it does not always have to cause back pain, just nerve impingment. I would have a doctor take a look just in case. Hope I am wrong about the disc.

On a personal note - I am moving to Philly at the beginning of next year. Any personal recommondations for doctors or hospitals you would care to pass along?

Tracy

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Sounds pretty much like me,but with alot more. I have had it for 15 years and been told it is the lupus deal with it,so if you come up with something please post it asap.
onetay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts