The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the last week i not been feeling well.. and the last 3 days i felt that half my face felt numb... and been unabe todo some face movements....

i was told to go to a&e and soo i did (was not a stoke) but the doctore was not relaly sure what it was.. as when you look at me i look normal it only when i move my face..

am soo worried what this could be theyr want me to ahve a brain scan done but with only being 22weeks PG it to high risk for the baby and am not loosing another child..
all my joint /mucsle pain come back and im just soo tired...

i had the 3 blood test for lupsu done again..
but feel like i been left just to get on with it. but it abit hard when you know something not right ...

i dont know what to do|?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Your face sounds as if it may be Bells Palsy or Ramsay Hunt syndrome.
I had that some years ago, it did resolve.
x Lola

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers that it's nothing serious and you'll get through this with a healthy, happy baby to hold at the end ;)

It does remind me of Bell's Palsy, which is usually a temporary thing and relatively mild. You may want to read about that some more and ask your doctors about it in your situation.

Let us know how it turns out.

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks .....

am going back to doctor end of week am still soo worried and confused as i just wnat to know it all will be fine...

am soo worried now not only because of this but i had a late loss at 22 weeks 2 years ago. but it know it not the same as the my girl is kicking ect.

can you still have bells P... mild it only that you cna hardly see it on me only if you know me.... and i still got feelings in my one side but not movement.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
could be bells, but it could also be lupus affecting the nerves in your face, particularly if you are having a flare up of joints at the same time.

The blood tests will help find out what is happening (whether or not they show a flare is happening), and obviously it is not worth having an MRI if that would be bad for the baby.

It is a bit like that with lupus when this sort of stuff happens - suddenly it is all on and everyone wants to prod and poke you, then they decide that they can't do anything about it and move on to the next person who they can treat. And yes it can be pretty abrupt sometimes, I guess over the years I have just got used to it.

main thing is that the baby is still kicking - that in itself is fabulous news given your history.

raglet

·
cinderashes
106 Posts
Hi,

I can't offer any advice just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and sending you and your baby loads of positive vibes and really hope everything goes well.

(((hugs)))

Ash x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts