The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Glad to be back home, this is the first time on my pc since my operation. I spend 8 days in hospital, guess they remove all cancer and my thyroid gland. The third day they had to re-open my operation because of bad swelling. I found it pretty hard, but now I am home, a nurse comes everyday to change my bandages. It is still very sore, and I sleep a lot,and I am very weak, this probably because of all the medication I am taking. I'll be back on my feet soon. Hope everyone is well.
Love
Micheline :)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Thanks for the update - I was hoping you'd write back since I had been thinking about you. I hope that things just steadily improve for you from here on out & they got all the cancer out.

(((hugs))) Take care of yourself and sleep all you want! ;)

·
Administrator
10,178 Posts
Hi Micheline,

Sorry to hear you had to have two operations. Sleep is just what you need right now. Your body needs a little time to recoup.

Have you started on any thyroid replacement?

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
4,435 Posts
Hi Micheline.. good to hear from you. Your body is telling you to rest so make sure you do as you are told!! I send you gentle hugs, glad you are home and have got the surgery over and done with.. take care and don't overdo it too soon... nag nag nag :) Speak to you later.X
Claire

·
Registered
182 Posts
:wavesmile: Hi Micheline glad to hear that you are home from hospital, take care of yourself and dont overdo it

Sending Gentle Hugs & Kisses:rose3:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Micheline,

I am glad to know your surgery is behind you, and send blessings to you for a good recovery.

Sleep is just what your body is needing now..so curl up, and enjoy it friend. Your certainly deserving of it, and of all of life's pleasures, and offerings.

:hug:
Sandy

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Sending you get well wishes for a speedy recovery.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Micheline, good to know you're back home.

Sending you all the very best wishes for an excellent recovery. Don't go rushing things and look after yourself!

:hug:
Katharine

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Hi Micheline, hope the worst is over now and you can start to recover. Take it easy xxx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Micheline

Thanks for letting us know how you are. I hope each day sees you getting stronger and stronger :hugbetter:

Take good care of yourself
Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
11,408 Posts
Hi Micheline,:hug:

I am happy that you are back home. Being in the hospital for that length of time can get tiring. Getting woke up at all hours, different mattress.

Listen to your body and rest and sleep all you can.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Micheline

I also am very glad to see you are back from the hospital and getting lots of rest((hugs)).I sure do hope you continue to get better.:)

Tammy:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
dear micheline,#

i am sorry to hear yous been in shoptital. i hope youo getting b etter
please scsuse my writngs i been in soptial myself too with brain lupus flares
hositals horrible aren't tehy? hope you enoy being back yoyur own bed

hope you heal quick and no problesms

love cAthy x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi you're all so kind,

Hi everyone
Thank you for all you support. I have not sign in lately for I was really not feeling up to it, but I read all your note and I am greathfull for your encouragement and concern. Its been 3 weeks now since my OP and still I am not feeling well. They had to re-open me again because of fluid built up again it is now the second time after my surgery. Last Saturday I spend and other full day in ER , they re-open my op again and extended my antibiotics for an other 10 days, nurse still come home every day to change the bandages but it doesn't seem to heal very fast,Doc put me on CYTOMEL 25mg for now Anyways tomorrow I got to go see my surgeon, hopefully, she will tell me what to do and expect.
Hope I'll be chating with you all soon!
thinking about you all and praying for you
Bye for now
Miche :(

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((((Micheline))))))))))) I'm sorry you are still feeling so lousy after your operation (or operations I should say). I hope the Cytomel helps you feel a little better soon and I hope the surgeon gives you a good report :luck:

Do let us know how you are, you're in our thoughts and prayers :hug:

love
Lily

·
4,435 Posts
Micheline, it is a marathon you are tackling.. you will get to the other side of this eventually, just take care and look after yourself extra specially carefully!
I send you a big hug and hope it all feels better for you soon.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts