The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i haven't felt well for a couple of weeks now. My family likes to point out that is was the 20+ hours of filling sandbags that did we in, along with out three trips a week to St Louis, Missouri and I have lost counts of how many trips to the grocery store and yea Walmart.

So Wednesday I received a call to let me now that I could get my teeth pulled ut on Friday......I was soo happy. Anyway, I had a doctor appt with my Rheumy and her informed me that I was most definantely in a flare and that I needed ABG's. Well, thry came back pathetic and gt me sent to the ER of our local hospital. Well, I was lucky enough to get one of the mosy idiotic pretty boys. We actually got into a fight and he wasn't going to admit me until he spoke with my Primary and he said put me ain and let the rest fall where it may. Well, as it turns out my chest xray has increased pneumonia and another repeat of blood gases shoes that my labs were much worse and that a ventilator is not too far out of my reach. The next question would be why and what did I run into. Was it just being out in the cmmunity or was it all of the times that I spent down shoveling sandbags. Oh, so much to pnder my brain hurts.

I hope all is well for everyone else stil fighting the good cause. I want to thank everyone eho has sent memos letting me know that you are thinking of us if our time of need, just like we do here for everyone because no matter what race, sex, education, location, etc, etc....we are all brothers and sisters fighting the same fight. So let us all still stick together and fight a fight and take each others backs and help find a cure for Lupus as well as everything else.

Nancy

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Nancy,

First of all let me say .. HATS OFF TO YOU.... Even though you are not well you are out ther helping...
I am so sorry that you are not doing well right now...And I sure hope you are getting the rest you obviously so deserve... I hope you do not go back and do more work, it is time to look after yourself now and get better....
I dont know what caused your flair... But in my experience STress is a big thing...I know when I get stressed I get sick and you sure have enough to be stressed about...
Our thoughts and prayers are with you...And I hope you get well real soon...I am sending you a big :grhug: hug from my family to you...

Take care and keep well

Love penny

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Nancy,
i just wante dto say i am sorry you feeling awful an dsend some kind thoughts your way.

I really hopethings get sorted out for you soon and in thre mean time just try to rest and not stress. Easier said than done i know!!

Good Luck

Take Good Care

Cassie :)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update this morning......................................................

Sometime during the night, I eveidently got a little low in the oxygen department and started saying some pretty odd things. Luckily, nothing embarrassing or at least that they are willing to share. So my oxygen at night went from 1Liter, I am know on 4Liter. I would like to go home but not sure if I can go home on Sundaya. I think I can not sure, but we figure it out.

Hope everyone has a glorious Sunday and that everyones weeend and week turns out swell.

Nancy

·
Registered
869 Posts
Pneumonia is horrible, and I am sorry you are having to deal with it,especially now. I have had both bacterial and viral (Dr. called it "community pneumonia" ironically)numerous times. It really knocks you for a loop for weeks:(. Just curious, have you been exposed to a lot of mold or mold spores in the air due to the flooding? I ask because I am very allergic to mold, and when the counts are up, I have horrible breathing problems, accumulate fluid in my lungs etc.. It seems to be worst here in the fall, so I am usually confined home with an electrostatic filter on the furnace/ac. I'm sure the humidity is doing you no favors either:worried:. I hope you get better and can come home to the comfort of your own house and surroundings soon.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
((((((Nancy))))))

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It is very likely that over- exertion, stress and damp conditions could have contirbuted to this.

Hey, you are nurse and you probably know this already! :)

Please rest and take good care of yourself. You know that we are all thinking about you. :foryou:

Lots'a'luv'n'hugz, :hug::love:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Dear Nancy

Oh gosh i am so sorry you feel so ill(((((((hugs))))).I think it is such an awesome and unselfish thing you did for so many people in time of need.We have so many here that have also lost there homes because of the worse flood ever.i have wanted to go down and help them clean out there homes right now with the waters receeding some.I just feel like i do not have the energy or the body to even get out of bed somedays lately more less go do soemthing like that.I just hope you get feeling better real soon no matter why you are feeling bad(((hugs)))).Sending you lots of (((hugs)))and prayers for fast recovery.Please let us know how you are doing.I am guessing you have excess to a computer:)

Tammy

·
11,409 Posts
((((Nancy))))

I am sorry to hear you are feeling so terrible.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,181 Posts
Hi Nancy,

Sorry to hear you aren't doing well. I hope you start doing better soon.

One year when we had so much rain and eventual flooding my daughter along with 25% of the town got Mycoplasma. It was from all the mold spores since we never dried out. The doctor's were swamped with all the cases. People doing the cleanup were exposed more than the rest. It took a long time for her to get over it.

Once you feel better please take things slowly. You don't want to end up back in the hospital.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Nancy,:there:
I am so sorry for all that you are going through-please keep us updated with how you are doing-okay? I want you to know that we are thinking of you and I know you know you over did it, but I also knowyou would do it all again. So when are you going to be released?

Please take care of yourself!!

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Nancy,

I hope your feeling better. Gee, too feel so miserable and then to have, to deal with such drs. I am sorry you had that to cope with.

I think helping your community..was a wonderful thing for you to do!

I agree, though, that you need to take care of yourself..now.

I hope you are back in the saddle soon ..Nancy. :)

Sandy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Nancy

Hi Nancy! So so sorry to hear that you are very sick right now and sure hope to see you getting well soon. I have been watching the news lately and watching all that has been going on their where that flooding has been. So many families right now hurting from loosing everything. I donated a big box of clothes and nic nacks to the Salvation Army Store when that flood started and then made a $200.00 donation to the Red Cross along with $50.00 to the Food Bank of America. It was all I could do and really could not afford it but I have a home and am eating well. I could not stand seeing so many in need. Too bad I can't win a lottery. I would donate a huge chunk of it just to help those in need! Feel better soon!:wink2:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update........................

Okay, so here is the latest and the greatest.

I got out of the hospital yesterday, but not before getting the wind kicked out of my sails. My Pulmonologist has come along and informed me that I have Interstitual Lung Disease aka Pulmonary Fibrosis. I am now required to wear 4Liters of continuous oxygen until further notice. I go back and see my Pulmonary doc on the 16th for another Pulmonary Function Test, Cat Scan and a chest Xray to see if we are missing anything. I then go back and see my Rheumy on the 20th to see if we need to move onto Cytoxan or just what we need to do.

This has been a very big slap in the face. I cannot walk anywhere without getting short of breath and if I try, it is so very difficult. Before I take off to do run errands, I am nw tied to a machine and tubing. My cats thinks that the tubing is their newest play toy, so currently trying to break that.

Now, I will be very honest. I have not yet quit smoking, although, I have cut back tremendoudly. I know that I have to quit and the plan is to be done in the next couple of weeks so that I can start this game plan off right. Yes, I could stop now, but, I just am having a rough time kicking it, but rest assured, I am doing it, as is my husband. Cannot ask for a more wonderful partner.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Nancy

·
Registered
869 Posts
Oh Nancy:worried:, I'm glad you are out of the hospital, but very sad about your Drs. diagnosis. I commend you on your decision to stop smoking, and hope it wonderfully improves things for you. I understand that it is an extremely hard habit to break, so you and your husband are in my prayers. Wishing you both complete success:)(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sorry to hear about the diagnosis Nancy.

Quitting smoking is a challenge I know. I quit 9 years ago using the patch. It really helped, but what kept me quit was the fear that I had emphazima. I don't know if you belong to newsgroups or not, but my husband quit almost 4 years ago wih the supprt of a newsgroup, which is similar in support to this forum. Greart people, advice, support, etc. They call it AS3 for short = alt.support.stop-smoking.

All the best to you.

Nutty

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I quit smoking when I was pregnant with my children and did it for the most part, cold turkey. After I had my younger three children, I didn't start back up smoking again until things started to go bad with my former marriage and then well, you know how we are all susectible to picking up bad habits. So now, here I go again. Thats's ok though. I have done it once and I'l do it again and with everyones wonderful support from this site and my family, it shouldn't be too hard.....cross your fingers hahaha.

Again, thank you to everyone here for all the kind words and the positive attitudes. That means more to me than anything.

Nancy

·
Registered
647 Posts
:flower2: Oh Nancy, what a time you have been having. First the floods, now this. Bravo on cutting back on your smoking. As a smoker (and occasional ex smoker) I understand just how difficult it is to stop.

Remember, even if you stumble and need one, one or two cigarettes a day are a big improvment over a pack a day habit. Don't beat yourself up, and give your body time to get used to the lower nicotine level. Pretty soon, you won't need that occasional smoke at all.

Personally, I have tried to quit cold turkey many times. I usually folded at some point in the first few days, and then felt so bad I just went back to smoking. Last time I quit for a whole 8 months (after lung surgery) before picking it up again.

If you are having a hard time, log on, reach out to someone, and share. Feel free to PM me anytime you need, and hang in there. :hug:

you are in my prayers - Tracy

PS - love the Pink Floyd quote!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((((nancy))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear you've been poorly & in hospital...and now lung problems too! :sad: :there:
you sound very positive considering nancy, good for you!

good luck quitting smoking :luck: I am pleased to say that this last year all the smokers I know have now quit!! I hope you will be one of them too! :fingers:

sending you big healing, strengthening hugs :hug:
love karen x

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just want to say that my thoughts are with you. I know being in the hospital gets you the medical help you need so badly, but it puts stress on you also. So try and keep positive thoughts in your head and let the other people do all the worrying and work for now.

It was most likely the stress and poor weather and health conditions that landed you where you are. But you as well as the rest of us know we would have to live in a bubble to control our illness. Since none us want to do that try and be safe and know your limits. I know it is much easier said than done.

Here's to a brighter tomorrow.;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts