The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw my dr. today. He wants me to be back on Imuran for a month and then try the white count again. In addition, he's got me on 60 mg a day of Pred for three days, then down to 40 for three and 20 for three and then back to 10 a day for the next month. At that appointment he said he will make some sort of recommendation regarding medication. He's not big on Cell Cept, apparently, but is sort of thinking about Remicaid. I have not paid attention to discussions of that med, so will have to read up. In the meantime, I'm trying not to stress and that's basically impossible.

Sunny

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Just wanted to send my best wishes! Does not sound good, but hopefully extra meds will help you feel better!

Love and best wishes,
Lesley!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That's an interesting choice - Remicade over Cellcept. Haven't heard that one much before for lupus patients... remicade did greatly help a friend's daughter that has severe RA and Crohn's. For a while at least (she was one of those that ended up testing positive to tuberculosis and ended up needing months of antibiotics...).

Good luck with everything and hope the pred burst helps you greatly.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well, we tried Imuran before the Cellcept only to find out I'm allergic to the Imuran. Thankfully the Cellcept is working pretty well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts