TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all i am back just wanted to the the admin for helping me with my login crap i checked the remember me box so that shouldn't happen again...

finally got my new laptop..I have official diagnosis now, I have mixed connective tissue disease, the fibro is official and I also have something called eurthymia multiforme...that one you will all have to look up as I can't help you with the definition...

it's nice seeing you all again, I missed you all...

andi

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Andi,

Its nice to have you back. It is interesting how we feel more settled when we have a diagnosis. I think it is because it is something we can define and get our arms around. The arrival at a diagnosis can mean getting on with the business of living.

Do you have any medication changes now?

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I am on morphine injections at the office, and i also take it orally, i also take percocet for breakthrough pain, i go to a pain clinic and get epidurals every four months that is for the fibro pain, i take neurotin, prozac, phenegran, also in injection form at the office, but also in pill form at home. that is about all i can remember at this time oh i take klonopin for panic attacks and serquel to help my moods and to help me sleep.

I'm sure I will remember some more meds later, how about you. I've tried lyrica but i had an allergic reaction to it, a really bad allergic reaction.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome Back andi

I am sure glad you did finally get a diagnosis for yourself.It makes you feel better i think about getting a final diagnosis for us because they can treat you for it with the right meds and you can say to people i am really ill and that we were far from faking it i think anyway.I sure hope you get to feeling better now.Sure look forward to hearing from you more often :) .

Tammy

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome back!

I just wanted to share what I know about erythema multiforme. I started getting strange rashes on my legs in early March. They started out as intensely red, flat patches that did not itch or turn pale when pressed. I sometimes got a mild burning sensation when the lesions got wet in the shower. They would slowly fade over a few days, and then come back again full force. The weird part for me is that the rashes came back in new places each time, just on the edge of where it had been before. They rheumy has seen the rashes in person and was stumped.

I had to go to the GP for something else, and I took pictures of the rashes with me. He felt it was probably erythema multiforme. As he explained it to me, it is basically a variant of hives. It is an allergic reaction associated with herpes simplex infections, but I have already tested negative for it.

I'm posting a link for you to additional information. Hope it helps!

Terri

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000851.htm

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Welcome back Andi, good to see you back and glad to hear you have a diagnosis and some additional treatment :)

Katharine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts