The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

this morning is the first time i have been on my own with my baby since last weeks diagnoses, i feel so low and desperate i dont know what to do!!!

cant carry on like this and feel i am going mad!!! thanks for listening!!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Annie,

How are you feeling? Are there specific things making you feel especially low today?

What are your thoughts that are concerning you?

Have you met your health visitor yet? If you are worried about coping with your baby, I'd suggest that you phone her and see if she could visit soon. Health visitors often have useful tips, and can at least let you know that you are not alone - maybe introduce you to other new mums in the area.

If you are especially concerned that you are unable to look after your baby or yourself, then it is important that you do make contact with someone in your area. Your GP can also help.

Try to remember that babies values are not our own. Once they have a full tummy and dry bottom, a cuddle and contact with you is much more important than ironed clothes, a clean house or anything else most of us strive to do. So go easy on yourself. If you are both fed and loved, that is enough.

Take care,

X C X

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,

i think i am finding it hard to cope with the uncertainty of the diagnosis, everytime i look at my little boy i feel so emotional. I feel like i am slipping and dont know how to stop it. My baby is the only thing getting me through this at the moment, i have an appt with my gp this afternoon, it feels like the longest time tho

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:there: Dear Annie

I can truly empathise with how you are feeling right now..it takes me back to when I was first diagnosed & I had to wait for my children to go to school so I could sit & cry:sad: I remeber being in shock & thinking my life was over.:worried:

annie it is 'normal' to feel the way you do..you are going through a process at the moment which is a bit like grief..the shock,adjustment,sadness,loss of your life as you knew it etc...try & be gentle with yourself,you need support & understanding to help you through this.

have you got anyone you can talk to at the moment annie?please try not to bottle things up..you need support now.
have you considered talking to your gp or maybe seek counselling perhaps?

annie I am sorry this all sounds a bit depressing but I can promise you it will get better!..it may take a bit of time but you will get there!
I am so pleased you have joined the forum seeking knowledge about the disease really does help..plus the support & understanding here is amazing,it has been a godsend to me :)

annie there is also a wonderful chatroom you can go into if you would like to talk to other members..

sending you big strengthening hugs annie :hug:
remember we are here to help you in anyway we can
take good care..karen x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Annie,

I have PM you!

Take care,

Love Lesley

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Annie,

I don't have much to add to what the others have said. I think those feelings are quite normal and when we have young children around we do tend to be very emotional anyway.

However, it is obviously really important to tell your GP how you are feeling and, if at any time, you feel you can't cope, call someone, even if it's the lady next door that you've never spoken to.

I think that rule goes for anyone with young kids in all sorts of circumstances. It's one of the first things that Mum ever said to me just after my first child was born (and I wasn't sick at that time).

I'm really glad you have already phoned your GP and got an appointment, you have admitted your feelings and acted, that's really positive.

:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
869 Posts
Annie,
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
A lupus diagnosis is hard to handle at any stage in life, let alone just after having a baby, when likely you are getting less sleep and feeling more emotional due to hormone fluctuation:sad: .
Are there any Lupus support groups in your area? It may help to see other mothers with Lupus and how they are managing. I have to agree with Cath though, as long as you are both fed and loved, that is enough:)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Annie,

If your still feeling low as Cath said Health Visitors and a great source of information, I know mine was (I know its not always the case)! I hope that your visit to the GP goes well!

I still approach mine now just to talk through silly little things about the kids, but always chat about how I manage and she always ensures that help is there even if its just a chat. They also have contacts with the "Homestart" (I think its called that) scheme! This is where a volunteer will come to your home and chat, have a cup of tea and sometimes help with accompanying you to the shops, small chores (not major housework). Just really a friendly face to chat to that is not part of the medical profession.

This service was offered to me! After my 1st child, pregnant with the second (they are only 1 year apart) my Husband was living away in Leeds finishing his Architects degree. Life was very lonely and scary as my health during pregnancies was always an issue! A friendly unassuming face and a chat was a life saver and kept me sane!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
468 Posts
Dear Annie, I hope things go well with the GP and that you take the other members, who live in the UK, advice and use all the resources that you can find available. I know coming to this message board and venting out my frustrations, anger, hopelessness, and I always find someone who has been there already before me, or someone to offer support and suggestions. I wish you all the best, we all care so much. karly
:grhug: :there: :love2: :posy: :kiss:

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Just wanted to send you a big hug and let you know we are here for you ((hugs))

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
:hug: sending some more hugs an hoping today is a better day!

Love Lesley
:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts