TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had pain on-and-off in my knees for years--actually started in my teens--but it's been a lot worse lately. Both knees in general get pretty achy sometimes.

The problem I've been having lately is with a BAD pain in my left knee. I think this actually started about a year ago... I had a day when I was extremely fatigued, I took a 3 hr nap, and when I got up, my left knee was suddenly swollen. I went to the GP and he quickly dismissed it as an injury--which I have a hard time believing. It didn't really hurt, it just felt odd when I walked. :worried:

Anyway, the past couple of weeks or so, the pain has been getting steadily worse. And the past few days, it's been REALLY bad. It doesn't usually hurt while I'm walking. Sometimes it hurts while I'm lying in bed, usually with a burning-type pain--and by burning, I mean an "I just burned myself on the stove" type feeling. When it hurts most is when I do a deep bend, and then straighten out again. Like just now... I was crouched down on the floor to do something, and when I stood back up again, the pain was just INCREDIBLE! :eek:

The pain seems to be on the inside part of the knee, I think where the upper leg & lower leg bones come together. That knee in general feels kinda painful/achy, & maybe has a swollen feeling to it. I don't SEE any swelling at all. If I press a couple of spots on the inside of the knee, I have that burning sensation.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm definitely going to get it looked at if this continues. I just hope the dr. will take me seriously this time!

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
I have this too, I have ra with the lupus. It sounds like you need and antinfammatory and a mild pain pill. I am no doctor so do have it checked out and please don't wait. If the doctor blows you off again ask for a refurral to another doctor. That should get his attention. Let him know that you are not going to take the injury answer this time,unless you did injure it. It could also be lupus. Don't settle get answers,I know I have said this before Doctors work for you and you should get your money's worth. If You have to push the issue and keep pushing it. It is your health not theirs you are dealing with here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts