The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Hope everyone is as good as can be.I am not having a great week , this is week 4 of headache, and now i am really tired and having mild pleuritic pain:eek:. People must be thinking this all in my head as i look fine(i do not feel it):blush:.
I am supposed to be at work work this morning but had such bad night with not getting comfy from jumping jiont pain and chest i now have really bad brain fog!
I am not seeing rheumy until end of month (i hope) they have yet to confirm apptl.
I am soory for ranting but needed to vent a bit. Again hope everyone is doing well :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Angie - I vent here all the time; vent away I say! Stay in bed or wherever you can be comfy! As someone on this site once said to me (only a week or so ago) push your GP / Rheumy so that they really get the message that what you are feeling is real, no matter how well you look to the outside world.
At least you look well (I know this doest help when your feeling awful) I look like death warmed up, pasty white with black bags under my eyes!!:lol:
Take it easy and rest.

x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
((((Hugs))))...take care of yourself and get lots of rest!

Perhaps phone the Rhuemi's sectretary explaining how bad you are asking for an emergency appointment...worth a try!

If not go to GP and ask for some more help either with Nsaids or steroids!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx guys tried both of them and had no luck . will try again tommorrow with gp. just living on co codomol and diclofenic but nearly out of those now, trying to rest but with 3 children its hard have cubs and cadets tonight . oh well will rest more tommorrow.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
After tonight with cubs and cadets, try,try,try to get some rest! I know its near enough impossible with children especially 3 (or 4 like me), but please try!

Good luck with GP tomorrow...let us know how you get on!

·
11,410 Posts
(((Angie)))

It is hard to get proper sleep when we are in so much pain. Then add headaches on top of it all.:hug:

I hope you can get threw to your GP tomorrow.

You young mothers have my admiration. Taking care of young children and coping with having lupus. I don't know how you do it all.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
update

Hi guys
Thanx for all support . just got back from dr, was same locum who got ball running in first place. he wanted to know why i wasnt on treatment yet?
Anyway he has put me on Amitriptolyn. said it would help with head, pins and needles and pain in general, but the leaflet says its a anti depressant . doc said its a good all rounder i dont know i will give it a try .

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Is there no way you could see this "locum" on a more regular basis? - sounds like he might be a good doc to have for in between rheumy appointments...

Katharine

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi katherine
I asked him if he is staying around this time and he is up for a permanent position so am keeping fingers crossed. Thanx agian for all advice and support.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi angie,
I have been on amitriptyline for nearly 2yrs now,its main use is as an anti depressent but is also used for nerve pain etc,like many drugs it has a duel purpose and is usually given in higher doses for depression. It can take a bit of getting used to but once you get over the dropping off to sleep every time you sit down it can really help.so stick with it as it takes a while to work,on the upside it will give you a really good nights sleep. Hope this eases your concerns. Take care Angie.xx;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.