The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stuck in bed again, in soooo much pain, hands are swollen, hurting to type, legsare really soreand aren't much good, elbows, wrists painful. Soooooo fed up and depressed feel really sorry and guiltyfor my hubby, wouldn't blame him for leaving, he is putting my raised toilet seat on and off, helping me in and out of bed etc. my 13 year old son is runing round after me, feel like such a burden, crying when they not looking. im 37 and feel like i should be and active doin things with my son, doing things as family and cant.sorry for going on.

jo x

:sad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hang in there Jo. Always harder when you're hard on yourself...sounds like you have a wonderful husband, and a boy who doesn't see his mum as 'sick'. It is so scary and discouraging sometimes, but try not to let it beat you... not today or over the long haul.

The hardest thing about this lupus-gig was learning my limits, and minding what I eat, :mad: ,but once I got the hang of that it made a huge difference. I still have good and bad days, but have been very lucky to avoid being really sick or sore for weeks on end for the past couple of years. :)

I found this website a really big help on my bad and/or down days, I'll hope you find that too and find a glimmer of hope today. I'm 38. Had to find a way to believe I'm not useless-- you'll find your way too. But for today, rest. It's ok.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
(((((((jo))))))

I am sorry to hear how bad you feel :sad:

I can empathise as I am 36,have had many flare ups due to having lupus for 15 years now & 2 children to look after......however I can add that my husband is still with me :lol: so there is hope after all jo :)

do you need to alter your your meds at the moment jo?..it does sound like you are having a bad flare,it's no wonder you are feeling a bit down...it can be so frustrating :sad: & disheartening.
could you maybe give your rheumy a call?

I hope you feel better soon,be gentle with yourself.
sending you big,healing hugs :hug:
love karen x

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((jo))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
we know just where your comming from, im just reading this out now to my hubby, as i say the same as you, dont know why he stays, its becasue they love us. if shoe was on the other foot, you would be doing the same.
i know its easy doing for others but not for are selfs, SNAP.
i hope your not in bed to long and that the pain goes for a while, i very offten end up in bed too

hugs hang in there lin xxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
((((((Jo)))))),

You know we are all here for you no matter what. It sounds like you are going through a really rough time right now and who can blame you for feeling like you do. I do think that you need to call your doc as soon as for advice.

You will get through this and you will feel better than today! Sometimes it just feels like it will never happen but believe me it does. We all have our levels of tolerance and what breaks us.

Maybe once you are feeling better you could suggest your hubby has some time for him, doing something that he enjoys. Do you have a girlfriend or family member that you could spend some time with - even just to watch a girly movie that makes you laugh. It might take your mind of things and make you feel better.

Sending you gentle positive hugs Jo :hugbetter:

Please let us know how you are.

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi jo.

I amsorry you are feeling so low and in such pain. You did not 'go on' at all and when you are feeling so miserable here isagood place to let it all out.

I hope you start to feel more comfortable very soon.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Oh..(((Jo)))

I am so sorry, your hurting so badly. I hope you see your dr. or call him and let him know that your feeling so poorly.

I can almost cry..thinking about how you are feeling. Please, ask your dr. for some help and maybe, even some pain meds to get you through this horrible flare...

Feel Better Soon,

Love
Sandy:there: :flower2:

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Jo this is the time when we know how good our hubbys are as i have told mine the same.To go and find some one else but he is still here.35yrs later.so just keep posting on here if you dont want to bother hubby and you dont need to say sorry to any of us on the site as we all have done it at some point i do wish you a speedy recovery:hug: Elisabeth

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
(((((( Jo ))))))) So hard to be patient when you feel so ill and have so much pain! It's not fair. But hang on and remember how much your family needs your wisdom and love and guidance. Your husband obviously loves you very much. Your son is learning to be caring and giving ... and much more than I have words for today.

I'm having word problems today. I can't really say what I want to. But you are needed and they would be lost without you. Hang on. Call your doctor. Can you take something for the pain? Is there another therapy to try?

Many hugs and know you aren't alone,
Sunny

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Jo,

I'm so sorry that you're feeling as bad as you are. It is so frustrating and it is difficult to remember that the people around us love us for who we are and not what we can do on any given day.

Try to be a little easier on yourself and give it a little time. As Loopyloo said you WILL feel better. It's just really hard to see that when you are in so much pain. The only times I get really down are when I'm in a lot of pain; it has that effect on me.

:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
234 Posts
Jo,
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I often feel guilty that my husband has to live with my illness. We got engaged just before I found out I had lupus. Then, I was fine for a couple of years and lately having a couple of bad flare-ups that keep me out of work. That's the hardest part for me. Not being able to contribute financially. It often makes me feel useless. But as my mother-in-law told me, if he were in my situation, wouldn't I take care of him because I love him? No doubts. He is so sweet to me when I am sick, bringing my meals in bed, helping me shower, cleaning the house, changing my sweat-soaked sheets when I have fevers. I ask him how he puts up with all this and he simply says, "Because I love you."
Your husband sounds very supportive and obviously if he didn't want to deal with your illness, he would've left a long time ago. And what a great son to look after you like that. It probably makes him feel good to be able to do things for you and he is going to grow into a strong, sympathetic, GOOD man. Despite your pain, you are blessed.
When you need to cry, just let it out. I certainly have my moments. I am on 50 mg of prednisone right now, so you can only imagine the mood swings I experience. Somtimes I just start sobbing and can't stop. Then, I usually feel better.
I know things will get better for you soon. Stay strong~ :foryou:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bed ridden again

Thanks sooo much for all the hugs + support, am feeling better now, seem to be having these bad flare ups on a regular basis at the moment, upset my hubby though, told him to leave me, thsnkfully he ignored me!!! Hope you all having good days.

Luv 2 all Jo x :wink2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts