TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I was here a couple years ago, and for whatever reason, I haven't been around for awhile. I was diagnosed with sle in August 2005. I have had symptoms since I was in my pre teens, and was told everything under the sun from I was allergic to the sun, allergic to weeds, and grasses in the lake water, was being a hypochondriac, was just giving in to pain and fatigue.. to suck it up. Well, I have learned a lot from this site and a couple other support groups about lupus and how it affects us, both physically and emotionally.
I have a spouse , been married for 30 years, that tries at time to understand my physical limitations, but he really just doesn't get that when my body screams in pain and fatigue, that I have to stop and listen, and take care of me now.
For instance, our choir at church is presenting a Christmas program today, and because of the super active events of yesterday, I am in a self induced flare and physically unable to be a part of this event. Yes, it truly hurts me emotionally because I want to be at church, and also because I am missing time with one of the most precious things I have, my young granddaughter. It really hurt me emotionally to have to tell her earlier that Nana was too sick to come and drive her to church this morning. I know that I have to stay in , and rest today, and probably the rest of this week, except for the medical tests I have to have.
I have had a cyst on my left kidney for many years now and periodically have to have an ultrasound to monitor the cyst. WEll, the last ultrasound revealed a cystic structure that needs further imaging for more detailed pictures.. so tomorrow, I have to go in for a renal MRI with contrast. Contrast is hard on people with sle , and I know that I am going to probably feel a bit rougher tomorrow afternoon and will need to rest for several days.
Anyway, I am glad to be here. Pink Pearl is a good friend of mine and reminded me about this site.. actually sent me the link, and I had forgotten that I had been here before until I tried to register again.
I want to thank Joanne for being so helpful in helping me to get logged in again.. I am looking forward to seeing and learning from all of you fellow lupus survivors.
Take care
Peachy hugs
Gina

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Gina,
Good to see you back here. Take care of yourself and good luck with the procedure tomorrow. You are right, your body most likely won't be happy with the contrast. Makes me achy just to think of it.

We got snow, and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of icy roads. Not fun! Even with my 4wd subaru it was tricky. We may even get a white Christmas......no thanks, can do without that.
Take care,
Sally

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Gina
I am glad you found your way back here and hope it will be very helpful :)
Missing out on pleasurable activities has to be the most miserable side of lupus.
I hope all goes well today with the imaging and you don't react too badly to the contrast.
Let us know how it goes.

Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Gina and welcome back! :)

You must have been around before I joined - I wouldn't have forgotten a screen name like that.

I hope the MRI goes OK and the contrast doesn't affect you too badly.

Katharine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts