TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, and many thanks for all your replies previously. Very helpful.

Ive been back hospital this morning, feel much clearer and which way Im aiming for.

I asked him for a diagnosis, I want to know, family and my employers !

He said yes I am starting with Lupus (So that means I have it) he said its a disability and it is also because Arthritis is with it. He has given me today an intra-muscular steroid injection, reduced my plaquenil to 1 tab daily instead of 2. If the steroid helps, he then has given me a leaflet on a drug he will most probably then prescribe - called Methotrexate. Not into tablets but if needs must then it has to be im afraid !! I also have skin arethyma and reynauds and fibromyalgia.

Ive explained bout conference on monday 18th May etc. Told him then its 7-weeks doctors sicknotes. He didnt really seemed bothered and I asked him if the time of reasonable, he didnt say "No". I told him I would probably be asking doctor for another few weeks off , then return to work.
Im at doctors 15th May 9am. My doc also said if I go back after the hospital for a chat with him I mentioned I wanted to apply for DLA. He said he will support me. Ive also told my Rheumy this. Rheumy said (pressume he means in my case) cos I asked bout what may help, he said hydrotherapy and physiotherapy wont help ! he said swimmings fine. (I cant attempt that at moment anyhow).
Told Rheumy bout this work this monday, and I plan to when financially can make an application at work to reduce my hours.
My union representative said I can and in my rights to ask for PHASED RETURN TO WORK (fullpay). back to 5-days, then I will see how I have managed. Then I could ask for request for reduced hours (that could come in "reasonable adjustment" - I feel once workers get a health issue for life we become THORNS IN THE SIDE, and employers really want fit people LOL

I have wrote down all I sensibly need for this monday meeting, the union knows what ive put, and given me advice, and he said its all fine, as ive mentioned in work notes - MAYBE and only maybe if I feel the need arises after I see how I am after phased return to work - I may apply for reduced hours, only I MAY !
Feel quite weird after this injection. But feel a weight been lifted off my mind.
Know its a disability, setting the ball rolling, and seeing doc in morning.

Any replies. welcome

love and hugs, Diane X

·
Registered
212 Posts
Glad you had a better day today. Don't worry about your case conference on Monday, it's designed to help you and a realistic assessment of what you are capable of and how to get you back to work. Just make lots of notes from your visit today and seeing your GP tomorrow, be honest. Your union rep is right you are entitled to a phased return to work after a long period of leave.

I've just been informed I am to have a case conference too, which kind of shocks me because I guess I don't think of myself as being disabled. Plus I hate talking about stuff in person, and I hate asking for support. I had a meeting with the disability adviser today and they've made some suggestions and going to loan me a special chair to try before I apply for Access to Work funding to get me the special equipment I need. These are the sorts of things they will probably discuss with you. Are there any adjustments that could be made to help you.

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Diane,
Sounds like you are top of everything and ready for Monday's meeting.
Good luck that day, I will be thinking of you.:)

Love,
Lyn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts