The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all, wanted to post a lil update . I thought I had been left for 15 months without a Rheumy :eek:

Phoned them ( London Lupus Unit) today not even sure why just to double check and she said oohh no!! You are due here at the end of July this yr and you are also down for next yr too. Am so relieved as I am seemingly getting worse despite increasing the Plaq. I was workin last night and my whole face was covered with the malar rash and my joints are burning off me :(

Lesson to be learned, check yr appontments all :hehe:

XXP

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Oh that's good news Pollianna :)

You might still want to look into another rheumy closer to home in case of need as July - July is going to be awful long with no back-up!

Katharine

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's good news....July isn't too bad a wait. But when will you been seen again next year? Won't you see someone before then? I'm not sure how your system works, but you really need to see someone more often until you're stable. I just graduated from appts. every two months, to every four months, then I'll probably go to every six months. But if I have a problem in the meantime and there's a change in my meds, I'll be back to seeing the rheumy every month or two until I'm feeling well again. I'm sure my insurance company is not thrilled with all these visits, but they pay it and I know my doctor is on top of things. Is there any way you can be seen by even a regular doctor to keep tabs on your progress? It's really important.

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
Hi Pollianna,

I agree with the others. Yearly checks are not enough. You need to be working with a local rheumy in addition to the one in London. Maybe the doctor will be able to refer you to one in your area that he is accustomed to working with.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think you guys are right :worried: My GP will not even give me new eyedrops because I had an allergic reaction to Hommellose sp? i got a note from him saying he is going to get authority for an alternative or something....He is very sweet and nice to me though but will not change or tweak any medications I am on. I guess a yr is a long wait so alone....I phoned the Lupus unit last month as the doc didn't feel he could "rock the boat" by increasing the Plaquinel...

I heard the Rheumys in this City are terrible, I may ask the Lupus Unit to find me/refer me to an immunologist? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
360 Posts
It can't hurt, especially if the rheumys are no good in your area. The more information you get, the better. I would still think it's best though, if you could find a good rheumy, even if you have to travel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts