The Lupus Forum banner

Been to doctor...no luck!

343 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  pollianna 
Hello again Chris,

I would say that, given the symptoms you described in previous posts, you should take that advice on board and go and see a counsellor. I presume that she has put you back on something like Seroxat which has helped you before?

Anxiety is a very real problem for some people and does need proper treatment. It sounds like you have a thorough, caring doctor and should listen to her advice.

You may find another explanation for your back pain - it is highly unlikely to be lupus - and may find that someone like a chiropractor can help you.

Getting this sorted out in your head is pretty important as you are far too young to be wasting time worrying about what you may or may not have. You should be just out there living!

Best of luck,
Katharine

Yep Chris I would say that giving the first a really good try would indeed be best.

It is very easy to convince yourself something is wrong and indeed make yourself physically ill through anxiety and worrying about it.

Again, your symptoms have little or nothing in common with those experienced by lupus sufferers.

I'm not being nasty here, but you really need to deal with the core issues and it seems most unlikely (from what you've told us and the doc has said) that they have anything to do with lupus.

Katharine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.