The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
Roseanne,

First and foremost, I am so sorry that you are going thru all of this turmoil. There should be no reason that you are experiencing such disappointing comments from your partner. When you got married, you would have both agreed to love and honour in sickness and in health. Maybe he should be reminded of this. My husband has stood beside me and helped me walk. He has pushed me thru WalMart when I could walk to further. He parks closer to shopping areas or drops me off first. When I cannot get out of bed, he takes care of the kids, the house, etc as do the kids. There are times that I get very down on myself because I cannot do certain things. He tells me that he could never be disappointed in me. The shopping centers might be disappointed because I cannot come out and visit, but he is not disappointed in me. He said that the only time he could be disappointed in me is if I do not want to spend time with him.

Talk to your hubby and let him know how you feel about hm saying such hurtful things to you. He may not realize that it hurts you so much. If he continues remind him of your marriage vows and see if tht works. Or if you need to, because men can sometimes be rather dense, you may have to shame him into the realization that while he may not be happy what the Lupus has done to you both physically and emotionally.

Good luck and I wish you the best. We will always be here for you.

Nancy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.