TheLupusSite.com banner

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey, I love the new grass you put in! I gave up on grass when the sprinklers broke and the weeds took over. However, I did get a patch of grass in January, but never enough to fill the yard. Last month I had this beautiful grass; so soft and fine. It was only about 1 cubic foot, but I took off my socks and shoes and stood on it . I remember reading about grass walking somewhere so I gave it a try. Anyway, my yard looks like yours, mostly weeds, and they started early this year so I’ve been weeding and mowing them down for over a month already. No breaks this year. Here’s a pic of the lettuce I started and some of the grass. That shadow...hehe!
rsz_68dd828d-e129-4de8-b4fc-250e3dec8d98.jpg rsz_68a94098-c066-4e7c-9747-307b761f38af.jpg rsz_229fa04f-6eae-48d4-bf92-503c814682aa.jpg rsz_b843e2bc-207a-40da-af3a-a326da4a42eb.jpg rsz_bbe9736f-df6b-4420-8519-28970fcb43b5.jpg

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Lettuce. Now you're talking. I said I'd grow my own fruit & veg when I moved in to my new house. That was 6 years ago. To date I have grown absolutely nothing. Time to pull my finger out I think!!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
PS That Rituximab still ain't kicked in. And to make it worse, had a very minor flare up too. But feels like it's retreating now.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Wow! It's been almost 1 year since my last post on this thread!

A lot has been going on in my life since then - mainly work related. I moved roles a few times. I almost took a voluntary redundancy at the end of 2020, but due to what's going on around us and the job market, I unfortunately had to be sensible. And I'm now in yet another absolutely manic role!

But enough of that stuff....... I had the answer last week as to whether I was on the real thing or not!

Since my last infusion of Benilumab well over a year ago, I've been feeling very well. Very few flareups or aches and pains. Fatigue reduced a lot. My kidneys are almost in remission. The PCNR at one point was down to 25, although it has crept back up to around 45 at the last test. The bloods overall have been the best since I first got the disease. So, overall doing fairly well.

So, what do you guys think I was on? The REAL thing? Or the PLACEBO? If it was the real thing, it WORKS! If it was the placebo, WOW! The power of placebo is one helluva thing!

As I suspected all along, it was THE REAL THING!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Wow! Great news Surferboy! So happy for you and hope things continue to go well at work and with your health. Hope the family is staying well too. Wish you the best for 2021! Peace!

Reactions: Surferboy

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Good to hear you got the real thing and it is working for you. It is always fantastic to see those numbers head in the right direction.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Thank you guys. And my apologies to you too. In my excitement to let you all know I was on the real thing, I rudely forgot to ask how everyone was doing - with their health and in dealing with this horribleness around us. So, here goes again - I hope you and your nearest and dearest are well and keeping out of trouble’s way :)

im seeing my Rhumy next month so will be interesting to see how those numbers are now. I know that the P
UPCR was begging to rise again as it had gone from around 25 to around 45. But at the time the dr’s said that rise was negligible as the other results looked very positive.

ive has a very minor flare last 2 days - mainly fatigue and very slight achy finger and muscles. But this no doubt is due to working ridiculous hours, dealing with stressful matters at work and staying up late and over doing it. But I have a couple of days off this weekend and next week, so going to relax as much as possible.

when I see my consultant, I’m going to be asking when benilumab will role out to all patients.

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
We aren't so formal these days but thank you for your concern. Like everyone else I would love to have things get back to normal but shielding has given me time to unpack more of the boxes from our move than if I had been out and about doing other things. Health wise I have progressed but I wonder how much of that has been do with moving. Like yourself I have stretched myself a little too far.

In the US Benlysta had already been approved for the general symptoms of Lupus. Recently it was also approved for Lupus Nephritis. Now it is a matter of the insurance company approving it when the doctor prescribes it. Since it has worked for you I hope you get to stay on it.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
I'm hoping the due to the positive results it has shown all round, insurance companies will authorise this. If memory serves me right, it's been almost 2 years since I had my last dose and since then I haven't had to have another and things remain pretty much the same.

I have another appointment next month so will discuss this further with my consultant. And if she feels another dose is needed, I'm in for it :)

201 - 210 of 210 Posts