TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the punctal plugs put in last week. The left eye is better. The right eye is worse. My Dr. told me to give it more time. Also to keep using eye drops. I also have an RX for Restasis. When I went in to get it filled they told me it would be $240.00 for a 30 day supply!!!! So that's out of the question. Now I'm back to O.T.C. eye drops. In your opinion...which has worked the best for you? Right now I'm using Systane. Are there any dry eye drops that also contain an anti-inflammatory?
Thanks,Kate

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Kate,

I have gone threw so many otc eye drops. What is working for me right now is, Genteal gel drops, and Soothe XP. I also have some nite time otc that is an ointment, that I use when I need to.

Maybe you could call your ophthalmologist
. and tell him how much it costs for the restasis? My ophthalmologist sometimes gives me samples.

I hope your eye starts feeling better with your plugs.
Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Kate,
I use Optive Moisturizing Eye Drops OTC, and they seem to work as well
as anything else i have tried.. I'm like you about the Restatis, the price
for that stuff is insane!!! There are hundreds of differant brands, i guess
what works for one may not for another, I have noticed that i can use this
and still see my computer at work, it soothes and doesn't make everything
blurry. I had the punctual caterization done two weeks ago and this seems
to help more now than it did before i had it done.
Good Luck:)
Pam

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Kate,

I'm glad you have had good results with one eye, I hope the other one improves with time too :hug:

That's an outrageous price which is probably why no-one has ever suggested it to me ;) I was recommended to use Genteal drops and gel by the Optho clinic and they have been good for me as far as the dryness goes. I found once I took care of the dryness the inflammation was helped too. Mind you at first I had to use them every hour for a few months, but they gradually got to the point where 3 or 4 times a day drops does the trick and a gel at night.

I can get it OTC here or get it on prescription (which makes it cheaper because I am on a disability pension). Another one they suggested to me was Celluvisc, don't know if you have access to that. It's OTC here but you have to ask for it because it's usually kept behind the counter at the pharmacy here. It is a little more expensive I believe.

love
Lily

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Kate,

I use Celluvisc (they come in vials) and the Genteal gel at night. They seem to give me the most relief.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I got some Celluvisc and it seems to be working much better then the Systane. I appreciate all your suggestions.
Kate:)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Kate,

I have used Celluvisc for about 4 years (UK). It always worked thed best, but back when I was first prescribed it my pharmacist said that it was one of the most expensive so may not get it on the NHS (low and behold) it was prescribed!

Good Luck!

Lesley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts