The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just felt like venting tonight.... And I knew you would all listen... Because you are all good at that...
I have had a very bad month and I am trying very hard to keep my chin way up there if I can....
First ........... I had chemo
second........... I had cortisone injections in heal and elbow... ouch...
Third.........And the most terrible... my best friend died of breast cancer... we buried her on wednesday....I am going to miss her so much as she wasn't just my best friend she lived next door to me... We have been friends for seventeen years ....
Saturday morning...I was in the sun room off our family room....It had rained and I did not know we had a leak ... I went to go into the family room, and the next thing I knew I was flying in the air and landed right on my left hip (BAD HIP) and put my hand out and of course I put some of the weight on my left arm... needless to say I am hurting like the dickens... This is all so frustrating... I hope june is a better month...

The good thing that happen is my brother came down for a visit and that was nice .... He did make me laugh... He went home today... Well I guess that is my vent... Thank you for listening...

Love Penny

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Penny

I just want to first of all give you one big ((hugs)).We all need to vent for sure and you have been here for so many so mnay difeerant ways.I am so sorry to hear about your best friend:sad:for sure.That would be like loosing a sister i think anyway.It was very nice that your brother came down to visit but it is always ahrd when they leave isnt it(((hugs))))I have a lot of sisters but have tow that are my best friends in the world reallly.We been through so much so i can only relate to you and tell you it is going to get better and we are all hear for you if you need us to be ;).I sure hope you did not break anything when you fell(((hugs)))and i sure hope you get feeling better real soon.

Tammy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
((((((((hugs))))))) to you Penny :(

It has indeed been a bad month for you hasn't it. I know we talked about your friend the other day and I can imagine how hard it must be for you and for her family. I just hope she's in a more peaceful, pain free place now.

:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Penny,

I wish I could hop on a plane and give you a big ((((hug)))). I am so sorry for all the losses and pain you have endured this month, I truly hope June is kinder to you.

Please do not despair...you have been through and triumphed so much in the past and I know you have the strength to overcome this hurdle as well.

Be well,
Sharon

·
11,410 Posts
(((Penny)))

I am sorry to hear about your best friend dying. :hug: She sounds like a very strong and dear lady. You can look back and cherish all your memories you have with her.

:hug: on the shots. They sound painful.:( I hope and pray that they do their job and your elbow and heel feel better soon.

It does seem sometimes when it rains it pours. You are a strong lady and I know you can make it threw. You have inspired me with everything you have gone threw. You are such a kind and caring lady to everyone on this board.

Take care of yourself get lots of TLC from your husband and your family. Give that grandbaby a hug and a kiss. (Being a grandmother is a wonderful experience)

My hubby says when I feel down I should look at pictures and movies of our grand daughter. I always feel better and have a huge smile on my face.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Penny,

I want to tell you I am so sorry to here of you lost your best friend. I hope, you have lots of good memories of her. It must be very painful, for you to have lived right next door, and be reminded every time you see her home.

I hope, your feeling better from your fall. It can take a long time from really deep bruises to heal and feel better.

I am happy to hear, that your brother came to visit you, Penny. That was a nice thing, to happen to you!

I hope, you feel better each day..Vent whenever, you feel like it! :)

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Penny,
I just wanted to say that i am so sorry for all the things you have had to deal with lately. It must be very hard losing such a good friend.
I really hope that things improve for you and am sending lots of good wishes your way.

Take Care :there:

Cassie

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Penny,
No wonder you feel down.
I am so sorry that you lost your Best Friend. I remember when I lost a friend with Cancer it takes ages to get over it. The Cancer charity adverts on TV made me cry for ages.
Please talk here as much as you need to, we are all here and want to listen.
Hugs, Lola x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
((((((Penny))))))

My goodness, they say things come in 3's but you seem to be getting a double hit. It really has been a horrid month for you and I'm so sorry about your best friend.

I hope you get some respite from all this soon and you start to feel better in yourself. I'll be thinking of you.

Sending you gentle hugs, :hugbetter:

Lots'a'luv, :flower2:

Pam xxx

·
Banned
808 Posts
((((Penny))))

I am sorry that you are having such an awfull time of things, and so sorry for the loss of your friend ((hugs)) I hope that things for you start to feel better soon. xx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Penny I hope that June will be a much better month although the heartache from your friend's death will take ages to ease. I hope you recover fast from your fall. It does knock the stuffing out of a person.

I know how you keep busy helping others and focus on the pleasures of life so important when all is going badly.

Many hugs
Clare

·
Registered
869 Posts
Awww Penny:(. What an awful road you have had to travel lately. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend and neighbor:tears:.
I hope you fair well with any chemo you have to have, and that the cortisone shots give you enough relief to make the initial pain of them worth having. Sending you warm wishes and a prayer or two :there:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Penny!

:sad: So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and neighbor! I am new to the site but just read your posting and I wish you much better days to come! My deepest sympathy regarding your friend! Pleasure meeting you here and hope I chat with you again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Penny
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Such good friends keep us grounded and sane..Remember even though you can't see her now she is still with you...((((Big hugs to you))))))

We are here for you

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so very much for all your words of encouragement... Each and everyone of you made me feel better.... It is nice to know you have friends out there...
We are so lucky to have each other to support one another even though we live in all four corners of the earth.... When there are so many bad things going on on the internet this is one place I feel safe....
Again thank you....for all the kind words....
My hip is bruised and I would imagine it will be for a while.... I must have looked funny flying through the air with nightgown on.... the arm is almost all better... I am lucky nothing got broken... I think it helped that I have some fat to cushion the fall:rotfl: My poor husband was so upset when I fell he said to me " you should be watching your feet when you walk"... Right so I can walk into walls and bang my head' :wink2: Any way on with my day...

Love to everyone
Penny

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Penny

I am very, very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It must be devastating to lose someone so close to you :hug:

I hope to goodness you recover soon from your fall. What a hard time you are having lately and yet you seem to remain so positive. You are an inspiration.

Much love and strength to you at this very difficult time.

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Dear penny, i am so very very sorry about your friend, this will be a sad time for you ,i knw this as happend to me twice, and you will never forget her, but it hurts so bad,

i just want to give you a big ((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))) :kiss::there: i can only imagine how your days ahead will feel hon, And as for the leak, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! hows the arm feeling now, i really hope the next month dose fetch you every you deserve,

with much Love Lin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:rose::luck:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Big Hugges Penny

Hello Penny

You sound like you have had a ruff month!! The only thing to do is, look f orwards. Deep breath, chest out and chin up. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!

SPICY X

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((((Penny))))))

I am so sorry you have been through so much :sad: my sincere condolences for the loss of your dear friend...I hope you have a lot of support around you at the moment.

try and get plenty of rest after your fall & lot's of TLC..you seem like a very strong, positive lady penny I wish you well.
sending you big comforting hugs :hug:
lots of love..karen x

1 - 20 of 20 Posts