The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering selling my plasma to Biolynk, an antibody recruiting company based in Utah. They need human plasma donors for lab test kits. They will compensate me $150 per donation. I can donate up to 2x a week (for scleroderma). I believe its the same for lupus.

They have plasma donation stations around the country. I'll have to travel 2 hours but I will still come out ahead financially. (if gas prices don't go up too much more!) Oh, and they WILL reimburse travel expenses for certain antibodies, just not mine.

Has anyone else ever done this? If so can you tell me how it went?

The money would come in handy to pay for my Cellcept.

Thanks, Barefut

For more info. www.biolynk.com

·
asleep at the meal
1,179 Posts
LOL....too funny. I tried to sell my EBV ones to them. They called me back because they were confused by my numbers. My titers are rare, so i've been told.

·
asleep at the meal
1,179 Posts
QUOTE(TeriJ @ Apr 25 2006, 08:51 PM) [post=407522]Quoted post[/post]

[SIZE=18pt]

Is it safe?
[/SIZE]
[/b][/quote]

Yes. They use plasmaphersis.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have 'similar problem with titres Zara, they fluctuate, much to point of one consultant told me I 'don't have SLE, APS or any of my previous 'overlaps' and am fine, fit and healthy"! only to go to another clinic see a different consultant and be told just three months later that I'm a time bomb ticking and could 'go' any time!!, I'd have to be paid a HECK of a lot of ?????????and or$$$$$$$$$$$$ to have any plasma pheresis my veins are closing off and would only be able to use top of foot at mo, I need to save that 'just incase'
in UK we don't get paid for donating anyway, tea and biccy's and free transport.
good luck with it, I think you're really brave.
Suex

lets keep smiling and 'fool' the world somemore!-'they' don't believe us anyway!

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
That is very interesting Barefut... I have never heard of this... but would do it if it was in my area. I am going to look them up on the internet. Don't know if I would be able to do it because my numbers have been very well since my Rituxan treatment. Please let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Brian

Welcome to the site:). This is an old thread dating back to 2006 and Barefut last visited here almost one year ago. I thought you should know just in case you were waiting on a reply.

Do you have Lupus? Maybe you might like to post an introduction on the Introduce Yourself Forum so members can welcome you properly :)

Take good care for now
Joan:rose:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts