TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lisa_S
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've just gotten back from the nephrologist to get my biopsy results, and I'm frankly stunned. We had been anticipating that I'd have mixed Class IV/V nephritis, worst case scenario being more Class V - this was based on my previous biopsy results, and the amount of protein I was spilling.

But in fact I have Class III (i.e. less than 50% of my nephrons are affected) and NO class V! :thumbs: He's not sure why, (Class V is notoriously difficult to treat) but it's certainly good news. So I'll be back on prednisone and azathioprine/Imuran, but we're keeping the prednisone dosage low, given my past difficulties with it. Which makes me VERY happy!!!

And in case anyone read my previous post about the numbness... My nephrologist thinks the radiologist may have hit a nerve with the anasthesia needle, and it's possible I won't get the feeling back. But at this point I'm so relieved about the biopsy results, I can happily live with "numb bum"!

Thanks all for all of your support. Coming back has reminded me of how fortunate I am (really!), and of the value of all of the things that I am blessed with, including a loving family and a great, well-informed, virtual support network.

Take care everyone!

Lisa

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's great news Lisa :woohoo:

You must be much relieved.

Obviously a lot less serious but when I had a biopsy done inside my lip for sjorgens two years ago, I don't know what the dermy "hit" but half of my lip has been "asleep" since then. It has improved a little over time but it's really not terribly important to me - so long as I don't drool :lol:

Katharine

·
11,405 Posts
Great news Lisa.:)

What a huge relief for sure.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
467 Posts
Great News

wonerful, wonerful, wonerful.
what more can i say...:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
hugs and kisses

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hi Lisa,

Reading this it sounds like you are jumping with joy :trampo:. Congratulations on your results. I hope things improve from here on out.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:dancing: that's much better news than you were expecting :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Lisa,
I am very happy for you! What a wonderful relief! Such a gift that you are found with less severe than anticipated. :thumbs:

In the scheme of things, you are right, a loss of sensation on the bum is definitely lower on the general scheme of things.:bow::more::bow:
Sally

1 - 7 of 7 Posts