The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everybody, where do you fall in the birth order in your family, were you an only child, the oldest, the baby of the family or somewhere in the middle????? Do you think you got away with more or less than your siblings?

I was the middle child of three, I have an older brother, two years older, and a younger sister, five years younger. I think in my family being the middle child I pretty much got ignored, my parents were strict with my brother a little more leniant with me, and my sister got to do just about whatever she wanted, she got to be in after school activities, go out more etc. But in all fairness I was a book worm who spent most of my teenage years reading tons and tons of books and didn't much care.:rolleyes:

Karly

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am the seventh of eight in my family. I still remember being upset that my brother had taken my place as the baby and I was only 2 and 1/2 when he was born. I remember sticking my hand under his blanket and pinching him. I was so proud that I did it and nobody knew he was crying because of me. I guess that is my earliest memory.

We are all extremely close to each other....mess with one and you have us all to deal with! It had it's disadvantages being in a large family because things had to be spread out more including attention from parents but I had a sister who was 10 yrs older and she filled in alot where mom was spread to thin. I wouldn't have it any other way...I love having a big family but it seems like there is somebody to worry about all the time!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi

I am the oldest of three girls....being the oldest I had to be the sensible one.(yes I was sensible once :hehe: ) the middle sister got left out bless her & my youngest sister was always spoilt & got away with everything :rolleyes:
there are 6 years between myself & youngest sister so I was a bit of a mother figure to her.

I used to annoy my sisters by trying to be authoritative with them because I was the oldest :hehe: I can not imagine that at all :rolleyes: :hehe: unless it's a bit of selective memory on my part :lol:

luv karen x
mary your family sounds fab!I always wanted a large family :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi,
Im the oldest of three girls too. My Mum left home when I was just 16 so I looked after my younger sisters and my Dad for a few years. Sisters where 11 and 13 at the time. They pretty much hated me at the time for trying to keep them on the straight and narrow and eversince I still feel some responsiblility to look after them when times are hard for them.

We are very close nowadays although the middle sister has now lived in Kentucky USA for 3 years. I hope she comes back home one day but with all the communications now it is not so bad.
Oh and I also now have a young half brother 27. Same age as my eldest daughter and my Nephew. My Dad remarried and his wife was pregnant at the same time as me and my middle sister.
Strange writing that down. (Its like therapy lol)
Sal x

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
youngest and have two wonderful older sisters x x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I am an only child and was spoiled to a certain extent - I would've loved to have had brothers and sisters.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
612 Posts
My mother had 2 girls and I am 3 years younger then my sister. I don't think I got treated like the youngest but I think my sister did. Sometimes I wish I would have had a brother but I guess that is too late now lol.

JEN

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can have my brother!!!!

:lol: But I don't think you want him, he's 45 years old, has a Phd. in Biochemistry, but lives with my Mom and doesn't work, drive or do much at all, if you still want hiim I will package him up and send him to you in the post!
Karly

PS. Please oh Please take him, he does occasionally mow the yard and trim bushes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i am the oldest of 7 children mom had 5 rightin a row then took alittlebreak. my little brother the youngest was sooooo spoiled. my mom layed his clothes out when he was a .sr. iam not kidding. we grew up on a farm quite poor but did not realize it until we moved to town when was 13. but we are all quite close and talk all the time. at the time my yougnest brother he was 8 or 9 and mydaughter was 3 he poked the eyes out of her favorite doll. we have not let him forget that one. but he grew up to be a fine man..this is a great thead . keep it going. sue:)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Karly :hello: :wavesmile: :hello:

I am the baby of the family, the youngest of 3. My bro is the eldest, he is 8 years older than me, my sis is the middle one, she is 4 years older than me.

I enjoyed having siblings but my sis and me argued like cat and dog whilst we were growing up (infact i am sad to say we haven't spoken for 10 years now). I was spoilt by my bro as we were growing up and i am pleased to say we are close and i look up to him.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have a half brother from my dad, he's about ten years older than me. He never lived with us though and so I was raised pretty much as an only child; spoiled rotten! :lol:

Zoi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts