TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...My goodness, what is going on? Today, I have much discomfort in my bladder: I feel full, and anxious to relieve myself, with not much output. I don't want to consider a possible UTI, but I've been there before atleast 3 times in my life, and it wasn't fun.

Again, I don't know if this an early side effect of the Plaq or a general symptom of the autom-immune... I don't know anymore. I was told that it would take atleast up to 2 mos. for the Plaq to work, so in essence, my immune system is still "wacky."

I have not had a bladder infection in years, even when I had flare-ups with the rash, joint pain, etc... my bladder was healthy.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Precious,

It really does sound like the beginning of a uti.

Can you get to see a doctor? Take a fresh urine sample with you so they can test it (or provide a fresh sample at the surgery).

The sooner it is treated the better.

In the mean time, drink lots to keep the urine dilute and help flush the bladder.

X C X

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I agree, sounds like some kind of bladder infection. Trust me, you don't want it to get to your kidneys - then it can get very painful. I had a series of them over a couple of months last year, just got in the habbit of going to my GP and telling him I was having problems again. He finally got it cleared up and it hasn't come back.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Precious, it's not the Plaquinel. Plaquinel takes usually 3-6 mos. to begin affect, it took 9months for me, so everyone is different. And it is a veryeasy drug, and I have never yet, heard of anyone having any trouble of any kind on it. I would tend to agree with the others, possible u.t.i.
However, once again, we are not dr.'s. Drink, guzzle, wateand or cranburry juice, all day each day, believe me, this does work. Bee well.:wink2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today was another LUPIE Day! I went to the doctor's for an emergency visit. My bladder was actually o.k. (no sign of infection but extreme tenderness to the abdomen), so they gave me a gynecological exam on the spot. I now have to go for an ultra-s (I'm still not urinating regularly though...).

My GP also gave me a referral for the dermatologist and a doc for "depression." I don't know about you, but this is a bit overwhelming at times for me. Everyday there is a new "surprise." And I am a "baby Lupy" so, bear with me (please). Classes resume next week (God, help me please!) With cognitive challenges and a possible flare, this is going to be interesting. But, I will get through it! Yes, I will get through it. My "light" affliction, which is but for a moment, can not even be compared to the greater glory that shall be revealed later:wink2:

Blessings fellow Lupies!

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Precious,

If your Gyn exam comes back normal you might want to ask your doctor about Dysautonomia. Not as scary as it sounds. I have a bladder that sometimes feels full all the time and has me going to the bathroom every 20-30 minutes. Then after 6 hours or not until the next day my bladder function returns to normal. Dysautonomia is your autonomic nervous system hiccuping and telling your body something that isn't true. It can express itself in many ways. Often the symptoms tend to come and go.
If that doesn't describe you then I would suggest insisting on having the tests ASAP. If your body isn't excreting urine or hardly any then something is definitely wrong and needs to be figured out quickly.

Take care,
karen

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, Karen...

Thanks!

I have never heard of this malady before, and yes, it sounds very intimidating. I will definitely relay this information after my GYN Results. It's weird that it would suddenly happen. I was fine until Saturday morning. I just woke up with an extremely full bladder as usually from the night (especially since I am also on Dyazide for unusual HBP, which causes me to go to the bathroom a lot). But this time, the output did not justify the fullness of my bladder, and it remained like this throughout the entire day. I drank a lot of water, then stopped after no relief. I think took a couple of "Cranberry Capsules" and then opened a few and poured it into a cup of hot water and made tea. Still, no relief! When I awoke this morning with the same pain and discomfort, now accompanied with backpain, I called my Rheumy to see if it was related to my new meds (which is was not), and I was told to go straight to the nearest Urgent Care.

So, "whalah" here I am...

I will be aggressive and knowledgeable of my body and maladies, as many of you are (I am truly impressed and encouraged).

Thanks, Karen!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts