The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Been so busy with work I haven't had a minute to get on her since the summer. I am off work on medical leave right now. And actually I am liking the time off to rest even if it did require surgery first.

I had to have a rectum and vagina repair and a bladder defect repaired. I am off work on my 2nd week now and have 1 1/2 to go yet.

I had some problems with swelling and bruising. Anyone know about this? I had to wear a home catheter for a week. Couldn't empty my bladder. Went to the ER with 2 litres of urine in it. What pain!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone had this done who can empathize with what I am going through? I now have several thrombotic hemorroids. They hare quite painful!!!!

Any advice, ideas or just kind words would be appreciated.

Love, Mary

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I had to be hospitalized over night after one of my uterine/endometriosis surgeries because I couldn't empty my bladder immediately after surgery. I was catheterized that night but the next morning all was well again. Well, all was well with respect to ability to pee!

I think this can happen somewhat commonly after surgery as a result of inflammation or possibly even just the anesthetic. I've not had the other problem but I certainly hope that gets better soon too. And glad you are getting a little break from work. Sounds like you need another break sometime soon where you aren't recovering from surgery!

Take care...

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Mary,

I am sorry that you have had to have surgery. I can only relate to the pain and discomfort from having surgery in that area. I had a hysterectomy a few years ago. Do you have someone taking care of you so that you are able to stay sitting and napping without to many interuptions?

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Karen,
Thank you so much for your kind words and concerns. My first week home my step daughter stayed with me. Now I am home alone. I can do ok, I made the mistake of sitting too much and not letting my bottom side get some pressure off of it. But me and my 2 chows are doing fine. They won't leave my side. I get up to let them out and then head back to the couch or bed. I return to the doctor on the 20th.
I still don't have all my strength back so I go at it slow and easy. I have to remember that it has been over 10 years since my last surgery and I am almost 53 years old.
Thanks for the post it's good to hear from friends again.
Take Care,
Mary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts