TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a long shot that any of you will be able to help with this but I thought I'd try anyway... I've been feeling a lot better recently (go the steroids!) so I went hill walking last week, and have been left with awful blisters on my heels that don't seem to want to heal (boo hiss for the steroids!). Has anyone got any amazing remedy's that will make them go away? Other than not wearing shoes?!

Cheers :hehe:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Fairy

I would treat them with tea tree oil to reduce the chance of infection and promote fast healing and then get some of those special blister pads which have worked very well for me on the couple of occasions I have had heel blisters. Of course reducing further friction as much as possible will help!
Actually I need to get some pads as in this cold weather I have been wearing shoes I don't usually wear which for some reason are causing slight blistering on one heel.

I think rubbing alcohol can help too but it might sting horribly. We used to use it on our feet before hiking holidays, with the notion that it would harden the skin and reduce blistering.
Feel better very soon

Clare

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip Clare - I'll get some tea tree oil. I don't suppose you can use the blister packs on open blisters can you? I've got one that's particularily deep and keeps bleeding, no matter how many plasters I put on it!

:hehe:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Fairy, I don't know if you should use the blister packs on broken blisters but I have done so and it helped a lot.
x Lola

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Keep it exposed to the air whenever possible too - no socks on even. That will help dry things up and get a scab to form. It will take some time though - it sounds horribly deep. Ouch!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
A deep, bleeding blister needs to be seen by a doctor soon. That's just an open door to a nasty and fast moving infection. And it hurts like heck too! Seriously, take your poor feet to the dr. and see if s/he can't get you through the healing process without getting infected. Especially as you're on prednisone.

Sunny

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies :) Unfortunately I can't go barefoot cos I've got raynauds, so my feet turn to ice-blocks very quickly... (the raynauds is also probably not helping them to heal). They're not infected and I think they're oozing/bleeding less, so I'll just keep an eye on them for now. I'm having more rituximab in a couple of weeks tho, so if they're not dramatically improving soon I'll go to my GP.

Cheers :hehe:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts