The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to GP to see if my recent blood and urine tests were back, and because I have an appointment with my Consultant tomorrow the receptionist said I had better take them with me to show him as some of them were needing attention.
I have been feeling really bad with bladder kidney pains lately.
If anyone could decipher the results I would be really grateful.

Urine
Red cells

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back from long journey to see the consultant and now have the answers, sort of to my own question.Feeling really,really upset and feel a fool for taking the test results, and posting them here, as the man I saw (not my usual Doctor) made it clear that all the blood tests are perfectly normal at the moment, and also the urine. I don't understand why the receptionist asked me to take them with me if they were all perfectly fine, and I don't know why the word abnormal is written by two of them if they are perfectly normal!The doctor I saw today was really sarcastic towards me,and had no empathy at all.
Oh well, thats how it is sometimes.
All the Best
Rosie

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I am with Mammer and I agree it is time to find a new doctor.

That can be like trying to find a needle in a haystack but keep looking and you will find one.

If a doctor makes you feel bad then it is time to move on.

Good luck to you and by the way, if my results came back stating abnormal,....no way a doctor would tell me it was normal. Sorry, i dont buy it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replying, to be perfectly honest I was holding back on lots of emotion last night with my last post as I don't always want to come across as negative and moaning. The truth is I came out of the clinic crying yesterday, I was made to feel like some sort of fraud.I have recently been diagnosed as having secondary sjogren's and that was diagnosed by the dental and eye hospitals.This doctor disputed that I had Sjogren's even though they told me at the end of my tests in the other hospitals that I had, and then he said it made no difference if I had it anyway! I said it had made a big difference to me as all my teeth are falling out with the dry mouth, and I never go out now because I feel so ugly, and I have to wait for months to go and see a dental surgeon who will undoubtedly recommend I have false teeth.
I have been having horrific bladder pain and constant blood and protein in my urine, and my usual doctor at the clinic I was at yesterday said I should be kept in for a 24 hr monitor if it happened again, he also sent me for a kidney and bladder ultrasound scan.This guy yesterday said the scan was fine and insinuated that the pain was in my mind, I felt so hurt,I know I am not imagining such a pain, why would I?
I walked out of there feeling ashamed of myself for being such a baby, and today I have tried to act as if I have no pain, but I can't, it really, really hurts.
As for the test results,it wasn't my idea to take them, and I don't understand the damn things so why make sarcastic comments to me about them?
I did not think they would be raised as I am on pred at the moment anyway.
I even had a nightmare last night about this doctor because he just kept staring at me and not talking, it was all really weird.
Anyway, sorry to moan, this is what I was trying not to do, but sometimes certain people make you feel so small,and I would give anything to make him walk around in this body for a day or two and tell me I am not hurting!
Rosie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Awww Rosie you can say anything you want we all get frustrated. Like I kept feeling really bad for the longest time and the Doc's thought it was all in my head nd they'd give me paxel, ( which i never took), then I had a golf ball sized lymph node sticking out of my neck, turns out i had thryoid cancer....and alot of it, 43 out of 70 lymph nodes removed were cancer, grrrrr. I'm free of it now. But don't let the Doc's make you feel bad. You know how you feel, and it's not right. Sounds like your other doc is much better. I truly hope you get the help you need if you have to get a 3rd, 4th or 5th opinion do it. Took me several Doc's. Feel better, come back here soon!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts