The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to GP to see if my recent blood and urine tests were back, and because I have an appointment with my Consultant tomorrow the receptionist said I had better take them with me to show him as some of them were needing attention.
I have been feeling really bad with bladder kidney pains lately.
If anyone could decipher the results I would be really grateful.

Urine
Red cells

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back from long journey to see the consultant and now have the answers, sort of to my own question.Feeling really,really upset and feel a fool for taking the test results, and posting them here, as the man I saw (not my usual Doctor) made it clear that all the blood tests are perfectly normal at the moment, and also the urine. I don't understand why the receptionist asked me to take them with me if they were all perfectly fine, and I don't know why the word abnormal is written by two of them if they are perfectly normal!The doctor I saw today was really sarcastic towards me,and had no empathy at all.
Oh well, thats how it is sometimes.
All the Best
Rosie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replying, to be perfectly honest I was holding back on lots of emotion last night with my last post as I don't always want to come across as negative and moaning. The truth is I came out of the clinic crying yesterday, I was made to feel like some sort of fraud.I have recently been diagnosed as having secondary sjogren's and that was diagnosed by the dental and eye hospitals.This doctor disputed that I had Sjogren's even though they told me at the end of my tests in the other hospitals that I had, and then he said it made no difference if I had it anyway! I said it had made a big difference to me as all my teeth are falling out with the dry mouth, and I never go out now because I feel so ugly, and I have to wait for months to go and see a dental surgeon who will undoubtedly recommend I have false teeth.
I have been having horrific bladder pain and constant blood and protein in my urine, and my usual doctor at the clinic I was at yesterday said I should be kept in for a 24 hr monitor if it happened again, he also sent me for a kidney and bladder ultrasound scan.This guy yesterday said the scan was fine and insinuated that the pain was in my mind, I felt so hurt,I know I am not imagining such a pain, why would I?
I walked out of there feeling ashamed of myself for being such a baby, and today I have tried to act as if I have no pain, but I can't, it really, really hurts.
As for the test results,it wasn't my idea to take them, and I don't understand the damn things so why make sarcastic comments to me about them?
I did not think they would be raised as I am on pred at the moment anyway.
I even had a nightmare last night about this doctor because he just kept staring at me and not talking, it was all really weird.
Anyway, sorry to moan, this is what I was trying not to do, but sometimes certain people make you feel so small,and I would give anything to make him walk around in this body for a day or two and tell me I am not hurting!
Rosie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts