TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya all hope u all keeping ok

just a quick question had a urine test and no UTI like i thought but doctor say theres high lvl of blood from the lab results so she said its not normal to have this with out UTI so now got to do another urine sample

when i did my urine test i was NOT have a period nor just finished

so if its not UTI nor period what else could cause this NOT been dx with lupus but got appoint meant in nov at st thomas

my syptoms are wired no pain no burneing but its like my urine flo odd hard to explane i have a feeling like i am driping or i have after the toilet but felt i had finished any clue what it could be i was on antibotic but no change so went bk and then she said i dont have infection even tho when i went the 1st time she said i had a fever maybe the lad got it wrong lol

w3ndy

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Probably the most common cause in the general population is kidney stones (they do not always cause pain). People with lupus usually have protein and blood both, or just protein, although some will also have just blood too.

Hope it all gets sorted out soon for you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was diagnosed with rabdomylosis. It is where your muscles are really sore and there can be something going on where you muscles leak protein into your blood stream and your kidneys. They ran a CK and a CPK to check that out. It can def. cause red urine since there is protein in it. With a round of steroids, I am feeling better. It may be something you can ask your doc about. Would not hurt to rule it out.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hi,
I have had blood in my urine for years-it is a lupus thing:hehe:
Good Luck,
Becca

1 - 4 of 4 Posts