The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just got back from the docs and was told that i have blood in my urine and a thick appendix.I am going for another cat scan on nov. 17.What could all this mean should i be alarmed??????

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
What symptoms did you have that led to the testing that produced these two findings? That is probably just as important as the findings you mentioned in determining whether to worry too much. In your shoes, I would find it somewhat reassuring that they believe you can wait until the 17th for another CAT scan. It must not be something that needs immediate attention at least.

Blood in the urine can occur for numerous reasons including kidney stones and bladder problems/infection, as well as lupus inflammation of the kidneys although usually you would also be leaking protein too. I've never heard of a thickened appendix before, so have no idea what to say about that! If you get acute pain in the lower right side, it could be an infected appendix which will require immediate treatment/surgery.

Good luck - let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it all started about a week ago with severe abdominal pain.They admitted me to the hospital ran some tests(ultrasound and ct scan)Those came back fine i thought but yesterday the doc said that i had blood in my urine and tha ct scan showed that my appendix was thick?? I have not been feeling well altogether for about a month now especially in the abdominal area. I get very shrp pains mainly on the right side i have never had blood in my urine before they sent me for more blood tests yesterday.They are also sending me to another rhumme on dec 18 to see what he has to say i guess about the blood in my urine? nOt really sure though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts