TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am new here and have posted a few threads introducing myself. Basically I have not been diagnosed with Lupus (although I have been diagnosed recently with fibromyalgia) but have had all the symptons for six years now. I have a private appointment with Dr Cruz at the end of July and am hoping to put some closure on this when I see him.

I am under neurology at the moment and have just got my last set of bloods back and was hoping someone could shed some light on them? My bloods vary each time although these have raised some I am not sure on...

ESR - consistently high (this is why I doubt fibromyalgia)
Ferritin - Low
Total IGE - High (I beleive this has something to do with allergies?)
MCHC - Low

I am vegetarian but my iron levels have generally been ok until now and in regard to the IGE; I have been having bad reactions to insect bites and hayfever recently so this may be the cause?? Is it normal for the blood to vary so much?

Any help would be appreciated. I feel as though I am losing my mind at the moment x

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm glad to hear you have an appt scheduled with Dr. D'Cruz. I would bring copies of past bloodwork and urinalyses with you to the appointment. The protein in the urine can be a very telling symptom, especially if it is more than trace & I'm sure you will be taken more seriously with this finding known about! The high ESR does also point against fibro, but as I said before you can certainly have fibro and something else going on. That something else could be lupus... When you were diagnosed with that - did you test positive to the pressure points on physical exam?

High IgE is a sign of allergies, the other 2 are probably due to being anemic and low on iron.

Good luck at your upcoming appointment and let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
You will not regret seeing Dr. D'Cruz. Remember to take a good history with you.
If you take a copy for you and one for him. I did this and numbered the pages, so we could check we were both looking at the same point. He appreciated that. Don't worry if it is long and do leave a section at the end for all the bits you don't remember until after you have written the list.
x Lola

1 - 3 of 3 Posts