The Lupus Forum banner

Blood sodium results

449 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  pamela b 
#1 ·
Hi

I have been phoned to say my odium levels in my blood are very low and they need tos ee me again next week to do some more tests.
can anyone tell me what this may mean please ?
It was just the secretary on the phone and she said she was just passing on the message and could give no more information ?

I am just so sick of it all and want one day to just have everyhting cpme back normal
Pam

#3 ·
Thanks Terri
That is so helpful but bewildering.
Apaprently I also have hight levels of pottasssium
I guess I must just wait and see ?

It never rains but it pours and have beenn told that cant take any more pred for now so have to go cold turkey over the weekend .

Pam

#6 ·
My dose is 20mg per day !
No I never heard of it either and am very shaky today so am watching myself
They say the tests will be effected if I take it and must bring it with me Monday so they can give it straight after.I am in for the day Monday,
I think they are looking for Addisons now so my GP says( Oh so lovely to have this new GP who is so caring and helpful ).
I think ( hope ) that it is a mistake but it seems my dodium is low, phosperous high, coritsone low and cant recall if glucose is up or down ?

It never rains but it pours /

Thanks , you are all my saviours and keep me going

Pam

#7 ·
Dear Pam
One darn thing after another ((( Pam))) You have had so much to deal with lately - if stress is a factor you certainly have been stressed with the wretched job and all.

That's very interesting! I have spent time looking up your situation and even more time this morning, not having read your latest below wondering if I should risk causing alarm by mentioning Addison's especially when I don't really have a clue what I am talking about.:hehe:
( Maybe you meant potassium when you wrote phosphorus ? I think the glucose would be low (?))

We'll have to hope that they will soon find the cause and get everything under control so you start feeling better. Thank goodness you aren't with that wretched GP any more, man, he'll have a lot of explaining to do at the pearly gates. It's scarey to think what he's been responsible for.
But anyway we have to give thanks for what we do have going for us and always hope for better days. I see you have a very good endocrinologist so maybe he'll be brought into the picture.

By the way, you know that discolouration you mentioned on the vee of your chest/neck ? I'm wondering if you have any darkening anywhere else whether sun exposed or not. Have a good look especially on folds and creases even knuckles? Of course your docs should pick it up if there is anything when they examine you and there are more important tests.

Promise us you will contact a doctor or go straight to ER without any shilly shally if you feel at all rough taking with you a note of medicines, diagnoses and the latest events.

Best of luck for Monday - I know you'll update us as soon as you can and meanwhile I'll be keeping you in my caring thoughts. I hope it isn't Addison's but if it is it can be well controlled these days, and also you will get all meds free, ( fat consolation I know !)

Many hugs
Clare

#8 ·
Thanks Claire

Actually I dont have any endio at the moment at all.
I stopped seeing one for my Thyroid a few years ago and he was excellent.
It is the rheumy who is treating me for SLE and Sjorens who did bloods to see if there was now kidney involvement who found these bloods. I was silly I know but too silly to ask if glucose was low and high.
Yes I did mean pottassium but am brain dead most of the time !
MY Gp is a lovely person and says " It is not conculsive so dont let it spoil your weekend will you ? "
I am not because surely I cant have SLE and Addisons ?
I think that all will be fine and if I feel not bad am going to get a Chinese tonight and a bottle of wine and sadly of all watch the X factor !!!!!!!!!

I am watching out and if worried A and E will be my first option so no worries
Thanks once again for all your support, have a lovely pain free weekend one and all

#9 ·
Hi
Well had my ACTH ( I think that is what they call it ) test yesterday and cant prais the team enough. they were so kind and it was totally okay.
The doctor said he would let me know if it was not okay as soon as possible and would check the results himself as soon as he could get them and have heard nothing so am assuming I am in the clear.
He said my sodium level was 130 ( normal being 136 upwards ) and my pottasium was the highest level of normal with low glucose and hydocortison. They say they were just ruling out Addisons as there is family history of it .
They are apparently also looking at kidney involvement.

They were so very lovely and I cant get over how kind they were and how much time they took to explain everything even though they were so very busy. Real credit to the hospital.

Feel very dizzy and shattered today but so pleased that I am clear

Pam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.