TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
A bit loopy
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that when I have a shower or am having a 'bad' day, my palms go all blotchy (red with lots of little white patches). I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing. Also, when I have a shower my legs turn bright red. No other parts of my body does this, only the legs. I was told it was probably just due to temperature differences, but im still curious :lol:.

Thanks,

Alex :)

·
4,430 Posts
Hi Alex, I get blotchy red and white fingers, palms etc but suffer with severe raynauds so could be more that.. also blotchy on neck and face at times but more of a strange alien blue tinge... lovely!! I have MCTD so a mixture of stuff going on. As for the legs going red on their own??? not sure about that one I am afraid, have to wait for others to answer your thread. Take care.
Claire X

·
A bit loopy
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Claire,

I find it strange because they said I didn't have raynauds :wacko:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi,

If it is blothcy as in "corned beef" or lace-like in appearance then it could be a touch of livedo reticularis. If it is only on your palms then you don't have much of it. It is not necessarily very important but you can mention it to your rheumy when you see him.

I get that when at times too, mainly on my palms, inside of forearms, thighs and V-line/neck area.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/livedo-reticularis/an01622

As for the red legs in the shower :scratch: - no idea, maybe you are inhabited by an alien life-form?

Katharine

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Just a quick note to let you know that I had this for years, long before Raynauds showed up in my bloods. You may have it and yet it is not clearly visible in your lab work yet.

For me it happens mostly on my legs from the knees down and also my feet and hands. As for red legs after a nice shower...........YUP, I get that too.

I hope today finds you doing ok.

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Katharine;540812 said:
As for the red legs in the shower :scratch: - no idea, maybe you are inhabited by an alien life-form?

Katharine
Plz tell me katharine that's not on the list of alternate diagnostic criteria for Lupus :lol:

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Like Katharine I get the blotches and red blush all over but not the legs, strange stuff. Hope it subsides for you soon

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Plz tell me katharine that's not on the list of alternate diagnostic criteria for Lupus
Ah, you never know now pollianna, might explain a lot :rotfl::rotfl:

·
A bit loopy
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Katharine;540812 said:
Hi,

If it is blothcy as in "corned beef" or lace-like in appearance then it could be a touch of livedo reticularis.
Yes, the blotchy patches do look like corned beef! Wow, thinking about it, corned beef is brilliant description :lol:

Katharine said:
As for the red legs in the shower - no idea, maybe you are inhabited by an alien life-form?
...or maybe I AM an alien life-form! :eek: :hide:

·
A bit loopy
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha my special power - glowing red legs when taking a shower :rotfl:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Aha! So it is possible to get a rash when you take a warm shower! Almost everytime I take I shower I get a blotchy red non-itchy rash-like thing everywhere on my body... when I have told people in the past they thought I was crazy... so I just thought maybe I was... or I also thought maybe I was allergic to the water... because you can be allergic to minerals in the water (but no matter where I live it happens, with or without a water softener). But it happens to other people too! Nice to know you are not seeing things ^_^

1 - 12 of 12 Posts