TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just very curious about this!

Yesterday I had bloods taken and my arm went very blue so nurse had to continue taking bloods without the turnaquet (was very slow). It took a while for y arm to regain its colour!

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone konw why it happens!

Lesley:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:hehe: Can't say it has happened to me Lesley. How tight did she have that tourniquet :hehe:

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:hehe: Had so may bloods taken in ten years, tourniquet no tighter than usual and also had the same amount of tubes taken as usual (9)!

Thats why I find it odd that its happened, and that colour change was very dramatic.

I think I will just have to wonder, which is not a problem!:rolleyes:

Love Lesley

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey Lesley,

That sounds very odd indeed!! I've had some weird things happen during blood draws, but never have I seen a blue arm!!!

Hope it doesn't happen again but mostly hope the tests the nurse took the blood for have brilliant results!

Zoi

·
Registered
28 Posts
Giving Blood

I have a few issues giving blood. No matter how much water or other fluids I drink before go to give my sample I run in to problems.

First they can't find a vein or they can't get the butterfly needle in or it keeps bursting the vein. Then the vein no matter how good it looks to began with always dies out. Then I have to change arms or locations of the needle and go though it all again. They have not figure it out what cause it or what I can do to make it easier for me.

So all I can tell you is to go to the same hospital or blood draw place and try to get the same person.This way they will understand the issues and will be able to help you out the best way they can.

I wish you the best and can only tell you that if it becomes seriouse talk to your doctor.

Best to you and your health;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts