TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i've applied for a blue badge - my GP wrote a letter for me...one bit says:

"Holly's mobility is severly limited and on some days goes down the stairs on her bottom."

I had to giggle...he has also said about energy levels being severly effected too.

Who else has a blue badge for lupus related reasons? And did you find it was accepted easily?

My Dad and I are preparing to appeal and re-appeal if necessary.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hiya.. I cant get out the car.. never.. Im struggling.. Im never gonna get one. I see people park in disabled can walk better than me.. but there you go... I wouldnt get disabled parking.. Ive got Lupus and such weak legs. But its not gonna be classed as disabled.. I dont want to be disabled.. I just want to be able to get out my car. Parking spaces are far too small. I will just have to take the grandchildren everywhere I go.. to get more space to get out the car lol.
Sal x

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Jellyjazz

I have a blue badge but i have some other problems beside lupus so its hard to say if you will get one or not.

If you have difficulties with walking and your gp as written that in their report then hopefully that will go along way to helping your case.

Sally ref your reply
I see people park in disabled can walk better than me..

not everyone with a blue badge limps or struggles with walking in that way, my dad as a blue badge because he as a weak heart and struggles walking far, so he doesn't physically have problems with walking its just the distance in which he can walk.

Maggy i want to wish you good luck :luck: and i hope you get what you deserve.

Take care :bunny: Jo :bunny:

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have arthritis too and cannot walk long distances - i'm hoping the letter from the GP makes things easier. I was told it's not the illness you have but how it affects you - will keep you posted on how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts