The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had noticed about 10 years ago, I was standing in my kitchen in the summer and me and my husband noticed my feet were purplish blue sort of like a dead persons feet. Its not just the toes but the foot itself. I was very self concious of it because in the summer they would get blue in sandals mainly when I am sitting. I would say around this time I started feeling odd things happening with my body.

Thus far I am negative with the ANA test and some other rheumatologic testing, a full battery of them all normal.

I was at the Rheumy who was not very nice and mentioned the feet and said look (they were blue in the office) he said yea but that is not raynauds its more circulatory.

Soooooooo I dont get it. I have blue feet which seems to be often now. If it happens to the fingers its seldom

What do you all think? I dont feel this is a normal thing.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
While reynauds (if that is what you have) is not exactly 'normal', it is very common and is not always related to autoimmune disease. It's not uncommon for people to have reynauds phenomina and be otherwise healthy individuals.

But, if you have symptoms that point towards a conntective tissue disease then the reynauds may support that dx, but seeing your blood work is normal then that rather leaves you in limbo.

Some times it is a case of waiting to see how things develop (or don't develop !)

hth

raglet

·
Registered
46 Posts
If I am sitting with my legs dangling or standing for a while my toes and feet turn blue and purple. I have severe raynauds and vasculitis that has never gone away. When I have an attack of raynauds, sometimes my toes turn very white and numb at first then blue. Does your feet/toes feel numb or tingle?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
not sure what to think?

Well i still do not understand everything that goes along with lupus and what does not.i have had raynaunds since i was about 8 years old and i am 47 now.I have to say it was no fun at all having at that age either.I would go out for recess with the skirts on we had to wear and i got so purple and white it was sickening.i turned perple in my feet toes and knees and hands to and my lips also.Nothing i wore ever kept me warm so i did not last to long out side even when it was 45 degrees.I finally found out what it was when i was 18 years old and went to the doctor for something else and asked the doctor what it was and he said it was called raynaunds.I aksed him at the time was there anything i could do for it and at that time there was nothing.Sorry lol i am getting off the subject kind of lol.I know only one thing for sure is that the raynaunds from what i understand and could be wrong is that you should be turning purple in more then one place.I would say something is defiantely not right but what it is im not sure.Good luck and let us know when you do figure it out.I am really wondering what it could be and how concerned you are right now(((hugs))).

Tammy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts