The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all does anyone have a blue tinge to there hands my hands over the last couple of weeks are constantly blue.Went shopping with my sister the other day and she tried on a dress but she could not get the button done on the inside of it so i said i would do it for her.And she nearly passed out as my hands were so cold i also did the same with my daughter yesterday.The sun is shining and i am sitting with frozen hands and feet i have a blanket over my legs and i am frozen.every body thinks that i have died and not told them:lol::lol:Hope i am not alone in being like this as i would like to say to the family that it is not just me that is like this Elisabeth PS do you like the picture of my grandsons

·
Registered
869 Posts
I too experience the "death hands" and feet of ice:lol:. It can be 80 degrees and my hands and feet are still frozen. A few years back when I had chicken pox, I got them everywhere but my hands and feet, I asked my Dr. why and he said because they were so cold, so I guess there is a bit of a silver lining:hehe:.
I love the picture of your grandsons, they are adorable. How did you ever get them to be still at the same time to take a photo:lol:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Dear Elisabethm

I have what you call raynaunds and i have had it since i was born and when i was little my hands would turn purple red and white in the winter and my lips and knees and feet also did.It was very imberessing to me especially when i had no idea of what it was until i was 18 years old.I am not sure if that would be it with yours hands though.I have heard of some people that have lupus and eventually ended up with it also but i would ask your gp about it or your rheume.I have heard of others in here with something like that so i am sure they will post and hopefully help you with this.I was also told to wear gloves over my hands if it is anything under 50 degrees outside to protect them.Good luck and hope things get better.Oh and yes i most certaintly do love the pictures of your new grandson and the other ones to:)of course.

Tammy

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Elisabethm,
I too ave raynauds which has whole hand involvement, when my hands are really cold they go really white then turn purple as they get colder and my ahnds then turn very red when they are warm.
I too have lived with a terrible self concious feeling about my hands for many years.
I would definately mention it too your rheumy and keep on eye on your hands ro see how they are affected at different temperatures.
It could be tht its raynauds or it could just be that maybe bd circulation is causing the bluness when they are cold?

Good luck

Cassie :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yup, I get the blue/white hands too - although coming from Scotland Elisabeth we do have a pale blue tinge anyway. :lol:

My hubby says it's like being touched by the dead at times. If it gets really bad I can lose the feeling in my fingers and I have to try and warm them quickly but gently.

Chiller sections in the supermarket are a killer for me and I can't linger too long. I carry gel packs that you crack and they radiant heat for 45mins. I also use HeatBands (if you google heatbands+raynauds) - you put them on your wrists and they are made of a special material that helps to warm the blood to the hands.

I love the pic!

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
Hi Elisabeth,

I have the same problem. Both hands and feet turn color year round. There are times I even wear gloves in the summer. Most fishing stores carry handwarmers and battery operated socks that help a little. The wrist bands that Pam uses are much more fashionable. There are medications your doctor can prescribe to help also.

Your grandsons are precious. You may have cold hands but with them around you have a warm heart.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yep....me too.
if the weather chages after a warm spell in summer my hands are as blue/white as they are in winter.
I regularly scare people with my zombie hands.
Chiller cabinets in supermarkets
pealing veggies
hanging out washing etc etc all do it.

Ps your little men look lovely

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Weather cold and wet today and yes hands are white/blue as well as nails! The only bits with warmer red/pink colour are those that have a red rash and they will probably take on a purple tinge soon!

What a site they look! :blush:

Lesley

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there, you are fitting right in around here with your blue hands and feet. Not everyone turns a shade of blue, some turn very white, but touching them, and feeling the ice-cold feeling , that is the normal feeling of a syndrome called "Raynauds" I try to say something funny to anyone that thinks it is odd, like: "It's
my internal air-conditioning system, isn't it great?" Be well and keep posting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts